Help choosing a mobo please
So I have decided to go with the AMD A8-3870($109.00) for my build but I'm confused on wich mobo to get.
I want a micro ATX board that has maximum performace and flexibility with audio being a high priority and I'm finding it very hard to compare
between boards..
So far I've been looking at Asus and ASRock as well as the Gigabyte boards
These ones are available locally...

Asus F1A75-m pro and m pro-csm (can't tell what the differences are ?)
Asus F1A75-v pro
ASRock A75M-HVS seems a little limited in features ?
Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H and UD4H

I can't tell which ones have CIR headers or which have better audio etc....
Is there a "clear cut " best of the bunch?

Any suggestions or comparisons would be greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks

Most sites have nice compare features
newegg
Other than that, just read the official information:
A75M-HVS
F1A75-M PRO
GA-A75-UD4H
GA-A75M-UD2H
The information is all there you just have to invest the time to search for it.
Regarding "better" audio, most of these use different audio chips, i´m sure you are able to find
some reviews. But I think 90% of the users would never ever hear any difference between these.

Six A75-Based Motherboards Reviews
thanks for the reply solidsatras... I have read most of the specs and they are all very similar in features..
What I was looking for is some real world experience from users that might say this board was weak in this area or
stay away from this board...
So far I'm leaning towards the Asus F1A75-M-Pro. It sems to have the most features and positive reviews....
(2012-08-06, 16:36)rtate Wrote: thanks for the reply solidsatras... I have read most of the specs and they are all very similar in features..
What I was looking for is some real world experience from users that might say this board was weak in this area or
stay away from this board...
So far I'm leaning towards the Asus F1A75-M-Pro. It sems to have the most features and positive reviews....

If you can get the Asus without it being the PRO version then I would go with that. No need to spend money on features you will not need.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
It seems that only the pro and the pro-csm versions are available for micro-atx and both priced
at $104
Seems like a decent price
Any preferences on the pro vs pro-csm versions ?
I´m not speaking from experience, but I would go with the CSM-Version.
But only because it is the same price.

Quote:CSM stands for 'Corporate Stable Model'. This means that it is made to a high standard and if problems arise, Asus are offering a faster turnaround on defective motherboards
The little differences from the comparison table on the asus site like DDR3 2250(O.C.) or the TPM connector aren´t any reason to choose this one over the other for
the purpose of a HTPC.
Thanks ....
I guess it will be the pro csm model !!!
I can't tell if either have a CIR header..
can I assume if it's not listed in the "on board" i/o connections that it
does not have one??
(2012-08-07, 16:35)rtate Wrote: Thanks ....
I guess it will be the pro csm model !!!
I can't tell if either have a CIR header..
can I assume if it's not listed in the "on board" i/o connections that it
does not have one??
I think you would assume correct Wink
afaik only the asrock has the CIR-feature,
keep in mind that you would need something like this Inteset receiver to make it work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help choosing a mobo please0