Last Part - HTPC Case
I fell in love with the antec fusion cases, but they are impossible to get hold of - so now im really stuck on a nice elegant looking case for an i3 micro atx build, any recommendations? IR receiver is pretty much a neccessity, not sure if best to use a built in one though or a usb one
This would be my choice: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)
Only problem with that one is the IR receiver, doesnt seem to have much going on with cooling either?
LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C37U Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case, LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-Q15B Mini ITX Media Center / HTPC Case
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-08-06, 16:25)PatZ1989 Wrote: Only problem with that one is the IR receiver, doesnt seem to have much going on with cooling either?

The IR receiver will have to be USB connected. What do you think the issue is with cooling?

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Where are you located that you cannot find the Antec Fusion?
(2012-08-06, 17:09)DavidT99 Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 16:25)PatZ1989 Wrote: Only problem with that one is the IR receiver, doesnt seem to have much going on with cooling either?

The IR receiver will have to be USB connected. What do you think the issue is with cooling?

David

Agreed,..I plug my IR into the front USB and it works just fine.
As far as cooling,..this case, although small,..has plenty of breathing room.
My A6 runs very cool and I use no additonal fans other than the one on the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100)

UK, impossible to get one new. the Lian Li is a strong contender, just to be tidy though i would rather a built in IR receiver, probably get one to slot in the optical bay
to get antec fusion in UK isnt a problem. just searching

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last Part - HTPC Case0