Decode improve suggestions
To the hard working developers:
I enjoy XBMC since you release the version for IPad. About the decoding of videos and music, some suggestion I would like you to take a look. For Windows systems, there's a universal media player called "Potplayer" from Korea. As far as I'm concerned, I think it's the best ever video player, due to it's universal decoding of the videos and music. For now, I've tried the latest version of XBMC, I found it still can't decode some media files including "TAK" and the recently common files "10Bit MKV" and it only takes up about 15MB. The link below link is the portable program.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer
Try it, you will see it is truely universal supported. Hope to see you improve XBMC or even overtake Potplayer.
The only difference here is that they're using a newer version of ffmpeg (this is what handles all the software decoding and all the formats). XBMC can only update ffmpeg so often due to the time it takes to make certain customizations and to make sure everything works with the rest of XBMC. Nightly (wiki) versions of XBMC already have the ability to play Hi10P mkv files.
I've tried it, the Nightly versions...
Yet it did support Hi10P mkv files, however, it doesn't go fluently as it should be. I know its still improving, so I can wait for this part.
But for the audio files, I still found some file extensions not support, including "TTA" "AIFF" "WV".
Please inform the designers if they could make them supported.

And one bug found, after stopping a Hi10p mkv files, it will return to the mistaken directory.
(2012-08-10, 07:23)john.doe Wrote: And one bug found, after stopping a Hi10p mkv files, it will return to the mistaken directory.

Not really sure what this means.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Decode improve suggestions0