[REQUEST] Pac12 Network Addon
The Pac12 network is set to go live on August 15th. Realizing the addon cannot be coded until the streams are available, I put some additional information as to who is building the streaming portion of the TV network and other info that might help. I believe that the Pac12 network has deals with the big four cable companies, Comcast, TWC, Verizion, and Bright House so far and the are negotiating for Dish, DirecTV and many others. We'll see how that goes. Here is what I found...

Pac12 Network - http://www.pac-12.org/SPORTS/Pac12Networ...works.aspx

Here is info regarding Ooyala, the company contracted to build out the streaming portion of the network...
http://videomind.ooyala.com/news/announc...red-ooyala

More from - http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/1209677.html

"LET’S SAY YOUR carrier is, or will be soon, on board with the Pac-12 Network. But you’re away from home, and you want to stream the Cougs’ game. You enter your authentication code your carrier's TV Everywhere platform on your laptop, and there’s the Coug game. Great! But how high of quality is that stream going to be?

A lot depends on your configuration – a great iPad or laptop, but on a slow connection, isn’t going to stream crisp and clean. But as far as what will be provided by the Pac-12 Networks?

The bit rate stream is adaptive, meaning the quality adjusts automatically based on sensing the speed of the user's internet connection. The Pac-12 Networks Flash adaptive bit rate streams that will be provided: 400k, 800k, 1400k, 2000k, 3000k. For the iPad, the Pac-12 will provide iOS adaptive bit rate streams at: 300kbps, 700kbps and 1300kbps.

The frame rate will typically be 30fps. Users shouldn’t expect an HD quality stream but the Pac-12 Networks tell CF.C the maximum resolution will typically be 1280 x 720, but can in some cases vary depending on the original source of the video before they encode it for Web & Mobile.

“The good news is technology has advanced to such that video transmitted over the internet, (and this [scope] has never been done before,) but with TV Everywhere, you get all the programming. There may be some issues in the beginning but on balance we are, at launch, in both the iPad and PC, and then 15-30 days out we’ll add more (devices). And probably 90 days after that the iPhone and Android,” said Stevenson.

Another question Pac-12 fans are asking these days -- Do I get all seven Pac-12 Network channels, or just my regional, or just the national, or what?

“It all depends on what their carriers offers them,” said Stevenson. “They might offer all 6 networks and the national in one tier that the iPhone and Android,” said Stevenson.""

We need a complete College Sports plugin. Choose your conference. Choose the sport. That would be awesome!
Alright, the Pac12.com streaming site is up. The website claims to give access to Bright House, Time Warner Cable, and Cox. If anyone has service through these ISP's you can put your login/pass here,

http://video.pac-12.com/guide
(2012-08-09, 23:54)Astro2004 Wrote: We need a complete College Sports plugin. Choose your conference. Choose the sport. That would be awesome!

Would love this, but I imagine it would be one of the hardest add-ons considering all the sources out there for each sport/school.
Does anybody know if there has been a Pac12 Networks plugin made for xbmc? Specifically the one that will broadcast the Oregon Ducks game on saturday 9/8? Thanks.
Not that I have seen yet. We would need someone who has access to the content and could provide information on how the content is streamed.
Sorry I am a newbie to video add-ons, what kind of information is needed? Do you need someones login/pass for the pac12 sign in? Do you need the code for the video? I am trying to find out if any of my friends or relatives have access to the Pac 12 networks.
(2012-09-06, 16:40)bleer2001 Wrote: Sorry I am a newbie to video add-ons, what kind of information is needed? Do you need someones login/pass for the pac12 sign in? Do you need the code for the video? I am trying to find out if any of my friends or relatives have access to the Pac 12 networks.

This is just a guess, and a very uninformed one at that as I am not a coder... but access to the website would be essential, so yes via a login/pass. The coder would access the website to see how they have designed the streaming portion and build an addon based on that info. I was hoping to garner some attention from the guys who developed the ESPN3 addon, but viewing that thread and using that addon, I know they have their hands full. I thought at one time someone had put together a Big 10 addon. So that being said, it just takes someone volunteering their time to develop the addon who also has access to the web content. Makes me wish I had more time to teach myself to program Smile
Man I wish someone could get this done. Would be so awesome.
So Dish Network struck a deal with the pac12 networks espn.com and offering a free limited time preview for current customers, hopefully that means more people that know how to code can make a pac 12 add-on. I also found this Thefirstrow not sure if this is legit but its worth a shot if it works.
Just wanted to report that the firstrow link I posted works. Im watching it on my big screen right now.
(2014-11-01, 15:41)MetalChris Wrote: I know this is an old thread, but if anyone is still looking for a PAC 12 Networks addon -

Here it is. Just download and install from zip in XBMC.

It's nothing fancy, I just cobbled together a couple of bits and pieces of code from different places. Includes the PAC 12 National feed as well as the 6 regional feeds, in HD and SD. Works in Gotham and seems to work in Frodo as well, not sure about other versions.

Nice, works great.
(2014-11-01, 23:22)thebostonsports Wrote: Nice, works great.

Thanks. Smile

Just wondering, are able to view the 1080p streams ok? I was having some buffering issues this morning, every 10 minutes or so. 720p seems to be pretty smooth though, only buffered once or twice in the last couple of hours.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2014-11-02, 00:10)MetalChris Wrote:
(2014-11-01, 23:22)thebostonsports Wrote: Nice, works great.

Thanks. Smile

Just wondering, are able to view the 1080p streams ok? I was having some buffering issues this morning, every 10 minutes or so. 720p seems to be pretty smooth though, only buffered once or twice in the last couple of hours.

1080p is working fine, maybe some buffering but everything works great.
Have you ever looked at btn2go? Very similar and has some good content.
Not working in kodi Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Pac12 Network Addon1