Loading takes like 4ever.
Im loading screen is taking forever. When i start xbmc it take 2-6 minutes before i can use xbmc. This only happens what i use aeon nox. Im using 3.5 version.

Any tips on how to speed this up? Its driving me crazy!

Its there a way to stop the auto updates of the skin? I have rolled back atleast twice, and with 4 xbmcs in the house is getting tiredsome.

Thanks in advance.

Hellow

you can cancel the loading screen by pressing any key.
and you can just disable auto updates.
how can you rollback and still use 3.5?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks for the quick replay. I installed it again. Cutting edge eh? Ill try a clean install of everything and see If it gets better.
(2012-08-15, 23:53)hellow Wrote: Thanks for the quick replay. I installed it again. Cutting edge eh? Ill try a clean install of everything and see If it gets better.

If the speed is bothering you that much, remove the watchlist and next aired (or whatever that one is called, I can't exactly recall) and you'll notice a difference.
Thanks for the tip! The collection starting to get big (16k eps) and counting so it does makes sense.
(2012-08-16, 13:23)hellow Wrote: Thanks for the tip! The collection starting to get big (16k eps) and counting so it does makes sense.

No bother. It really only makes an impact on startup - so if you're constantly turning on and off your machine, then maybe. If you had a dedicated server that's always on, I doubt you'd notice.
(2012-08-16, 00:58)fional Wrote: If the speed is bothering you that much, remove the watchlist and next aired (or whatever that one is called, I can't exactly recall) and you'll notice a difference.

... do you mean simply uninstall the from the Addon's menu, or do we need to mod Nox itself to ensure the skin is not looking-for/loading them?

I noticed Nox (3.5 & 3.6) loaded much slower than other skins.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-08-16, 19:38)Livin Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 00:58)fional Wrote: If the speed is bothering you that much, remove the watchlist and next aired (or whatever that one is called, I can't exactly recall) and you'll notice a difference.

... do you mean simply uninstall the from the Addon's menu, or do we need to mod Nox itself to ensure the skin is not looking-for/loading them?

No, you can't uninstall those from the Addons menu. You need to go to the directory where the addons are stored and delete them (move them out of there). Then restart XBMC and you'll notice it load significantly faster.
Is it possible to disable the loading screen at start up? It's the only minor annoyance about this skin. It takes 7-10 seconds for the spinning circle to stop and to boot into the main menu. I can cancel the loading screen the second I see it and everything boots fine. I know you've said you do this to give the scripts a chance to load, but this is the only skin I've used that does this, and it's not needed IMO. Would it be possible to have this as a user configurable option in future releases? Disable loading screen at start up in skin settings or something? Even an advancedsettings.xml would be fine.
(2012-08-16, 19:40)fional Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 19:38)Livin Wrote:

No, you can't uninstall those from the Addons menu. You need to go to the directory where the addons are stored and delete them (move them out of there). Then restart XBMC and you'll notice it load significantly faster.
I did this and then I noticed they got automatically reinstalled... so the next restart it was slow again.

Phil... can you put an option in Nox to disable these from running?
(2012-08-30, 03:57)Livin Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 19:40)fional Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 19:38)Livin Wrote: ... do you mean simply uninstall the from the Addon's menu, or do we need to mod Nox itself to ensure the skin is not looking-for/loading them?

I did this and then I noticed they got automatically reinstalled... so the next restart it was slow again.

no. watchlist does´t start when not used and next aired can be disabled in addon browser.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-08-30, 10:35)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 03:57)Livin Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 19:40)fional Wrote: No, you can't uninstall those from the Addons menu. You need to go to the directory where the addons are stored and delete them (move them out of there). Then restart XBMC and you'll notice it load significantly faster.

no. watchlist does´t start when not used and next aired can be disabled in addon browser.

Both Next Aired and Watchlist run at start (and I deleted them from Addons - they magically came back)...

Code:
06:36:24 T:4664   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
06:36:24 T:4468   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)
06:36:24 T:4468   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)
06:36:24 T:4468    INFO: initializing python engine.
06:36:24 T:4468   DEBUG: new python thread created. id=5
06:36:24 T:4668  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
06:36:24 T:4668   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
06:36:24 T:4468   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=true&episodes=true&albums=true&limit=10)
06:36:24 T:4468   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=true&episodes=true&albums=true&limit=10)

I get Watchlist and Random Items script errors - both in debug log and on screen...

Code:
06:36:32 T:4672   DEBUG: script.watchlist: album list: 0 items
06:36:32 T:4672    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
06:36:32 T:4672   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
06:36:32 T:4672   ERROR: Error Contents: argument 1 must be unicode or str
06:36:32 T:4672   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 592, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 33, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_info()
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 65, in _fetch_info
                                                self._set_movie_properties()
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.watchlist\default.py", line 314, in _set_movie_properties
                                                self.WINDOW.setProperty( "WatchList_Movie.%d.Genre" % ( count ), movie[3] )
                                            TypeError: argument 1 must be unicode or str
06:36:32 T:4672    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Code:
06:36:32 T:4664   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 433, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 80, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_album_info()
                                              File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 267, in _fetch_album_info
                                                self.WINDOW.setProperty( "RandomAlbum.%d.Artist" % ( count ), artist )
                                            TypeError: argument 1 must be unicode or str
06:36:32 T:4664    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

What does it say in the help about NOT posting log snippets?

Besides that I guess you are using pre-Frodo....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-30, 16:31)Martijn Wrote: What does it say in the help about NOT posting log snippets?
Yes, the intent was to stop users from posting their entire log. Moderators let users get away with far worse rule bending. Wink

(2012-08-30, 16:31)Martijn Wrote: Besides that I guess you are using pre-Frodo....
Yup... are these scripts broken for pre-Frodo?

(2012-08-30, 16:54)Livin Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 16:31)Martijn Wrote: What does it say in the help about NOT posting log snippets?
Yes, the intent was to stop users from posting their entire log. Moderators let users get away with far worse rule bending. Wink

(2012-08-30, 16:31)Martijn Wrote: Besides that I guess you are using pre-Frodo....
Yup... are these scripts broken for pre-Frodo?

No you are wrong about the intent. it's because code snippets are useless!

See skin dev section for updated versions for frodo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading takes like 4ever.0