• 6(current)
Android XBMC with Diceplayer demo
There are too many problems.
1. Allwinner / Rockchip / AMlogic chipsets
NO Stagefright(Standard Android Media Framework) support.
they have own media API... XBMC should support chipset by chipset.

2. there are no fully accelerated HW solutions.
ffmpeg / vlc have renderer problems.

3. HW vendor change headers for customizing.
There are no standard way to access HW decoders.
Many hw vendors change android internal headers. If we use AOSP header files, memory should be broken.
No offense here, I know using external players will please a lot of people here, but for me it doesn't replace the real xbmc experience, in fact it does not even come close....
No external subtitle or osd plugins available anymore. Since network locations do not work you can not use an external mysql database to keep in sync with other xbmc devices.

It's nice and all, but for me it feels like a dirty patch.

(2012-09-04, 15:11)Kweker Wrote: No offense here, I know using external players will please a lot of people here, but for me it doesn't replace the real xbmc experience, in fact it does not even come close....
No external subtitle or osd plugins available anymore. Since network locations do not work you can not use an external mysql database to keep in sync with other xbmc devices.

I'd rather have a dirty XBMC then no XBMC.
This isn't a long-term fix.
(2012-09-04, 08:47)pracha2 Wrote: hello @j1nx
I try at local files.
and not work .
But I select DvdPlayer it work.

Try to uninstall it, clean the userdata config, install it again, run it and then place the playercorefactory.xml

To load the xml, XBMC must be killed and started again. If it doesn't work, please take a look at the logs.

-------------------
I agree isn't easy to make a standard core for all the different hw vendors, and they sometime don't reveal specs, so the xbmc team needs to make inverse engineering and that take some time :S

(2012-09-04, 15:24)Nu7s Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 15:11)Kweker Wrote: No offense here, I know using external players will please a lot of people here, but for me it doesn't replace the real xbmc experience, in fact it does not even come close....

I'd rather have a dirty XBMC then no XBMC.
This isn't a long-term fix.
+1
I bought the Mele A1000 to be a HTPC cheap replacement, I just don't want to store until xbmc works well in that hardware. xD

EDIT: Here I uploaded a video of the XMBC working in my Motorola Milestone 2:

Sorry for the auto-focus problems Tongue
(2012-09-04, 17:13)inRivalz Wrote: Try to uninstall it, clean the userdata config, install it again, run it and then place the playercorefactory.xml

To load the xml, XBMC must be killed and started again. If it doesn't work, please take a look at the logs.

I have tried everything it doesn't work for mx player Pro.
but works on dice player.
dice player can't change language audio >> only on tablet .
where can I find the logs that you said.

Excellent job!
How about wondershare player?
I tested it and it plays everything, rtmp also works like a charm Smile

Cheers...
(2012-09-04, 17:43)pracha2 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 17:13)inRivalz Wrote: Try to uninstall it, clean the userdata config, install it again, run it and then place the playercorefactory.xml

I have tried everything it doesn't work for mx player Pro.
but works on dice player.
dice player can't change language audio >> only on tablet .
where can I find the logs that you said.

You can find how to read the application logs here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ME.android
Section 7. I use "adb". I don't know if are there an apk to do this.

(2012-09-04, 17:47)Djape Wrote: Excellent job!
How about wondershare player?
I tested it and it plays everything, rtmp also works like a charm Smile

Cheers...
Nope, I only use MX and Dice, but if wondershare uses a "VIEW" intent, it must work.
Just to be clear, this thread is for development. It is not for users to ask for help or to ask if it will work with this or that player. If you are not a developer then please do not post here, as your post will likely be deleted.
From the XBMC-team point of view: Will the option for launching an external app for the different types of media be added to the final builds of XBMC for android? Or will it be XBMC internal only?
(2012-09-03, 11:30)j1nx Wrote: Hmm, OK if you want to use XBMC as an "nice" filebrowser of your media using metadata, you might be better of usinig Mizuu.tv

It is basically the same!

What about sub titles who are next to your video's on a NAS? Is MXPlayer and/or Diceplayer able to read them if the file is not really local? I guess you also need to fool XBMC/External player by mounting the shared folder into a local directory (smbmount apk)

I have mixed feelings about the whole external player approach Wink

Mizuu.tv does not support samba, upnp network share.
Support for external players is good as external players can support hardware & software decoding with lot more features.
(2012-09-17, 07:40)vishek Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 11:30)j1nx Wrote: Hmm, OK if you want to use XBMC as an "nice" filebrowser of your media using metadata, you might be better of usinig Mizuu.tv

It is basically the same!

What about sub titles who are next to your video's on a NAS? Is MXPlayer and/or Diceplayer able to read them if the file is not really local? I guess you also need to fool XBMC/External player by mounting the shared folder into a local directory (smbmount apk)

I have mixed feelings about the whole external player approach Wink

Mizuu.tv does not support samba, upnp network share.

That's why I said: <check bold above> (important word there is "also")

External players are a quick fix to "mute" the voices of the mass, while silently working in the background at the proper implementation. Big Grin
Thanks Juami for this thread, and for the APK which I have working on CX-01 (Telechips) Cortex-A8 1.0GHz device bought from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008X...02_s00_i00) and SD Video playback seems to work natively as well with external Dice player. The only problem I have is with Music playback, as the native support for Audio (PAPlayer) appears broken, it starts playing but I get no audio and the counter goes up too quickly.

As a temporary fix, is there an XML config for me to use external Dice player for Music as well? (Currently only video is opening the external player)

EDIT - Found it by fiddling with the XML, the following will use DICE player for Audio/Video/ISO and works very well indeed for such a cheap device :-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>com.inisoft.mediaplayer.a</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule audio="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule dvdimage="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks again Juami!
-deleted-
(2012-09-07, 08:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Just to be clear, this thread is for development. It is not for users to ask for help or to ask if it will work with this or that player. If you are not a developer then please do not post here, as your post will likely be deleted.
(2012-11-28, 07:42)dreamers Wrote: Hello,
I don't understand why everytime I start a movie xbmc tell me external player active click ok when playback has ended, but nothing appear.Someone help me please?I have try with dice player, mx player but nothing.
Thanks a lot

Check if you are using the modified APK present in this forum thread. This solution doesn't work if you use the official APK.
-deleted-
(2012-09-07, 08:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Just to be clear, this thread is for development. It is not for users to ask for help or to ask if it will work with this or that player. If you are not a developer then please do not post here, as your post will likely be deleted.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with Diceplayer demo2