Check if movie is already in the database
i have two directories for my movies, one for movies i haven't seen yet and one for movies i have seen. when i move a movie from the haven't seen to the have seen folder i have to do a imdb lookup again. that's fine but then there are two movie entries for the same movie in genres/actors/year/title.

so maybe there could be an option to delete entries or maybe let scan check if there are entries in the database that don't exist on harddisk anymore or relink the item in the database when doing an imdb query.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks charly for having the same problem (still?), because it saves me the typing.. Wink

- imdb delete entry
there is ofcourse the delete entries possibility. (black button) but to manually go over your entries is first of all annoying, and if you have 4 of the same movie entries you never know if you will delete the right\wrong one.

- scanning imdb database
this would be nice as you would never get double entries. maybe look at the exact file size and name (add this to the database as well) if there is a match it will use the old entry.

cheers nogood
i agree that some sort of database file management needs to be implemented.

i was recently looking at the new friendtech media center, and saw it had quite a few features that xbmc should implement, including how you can do the imdb stuff. also, the radar in the weather section was sweet!

anyways - i was unaware that the black button deleted entries?

but something more automated would be nice (check to see if the file linked is no longer there?). i have some double entries, which i have no idea how they got there, but one of the entries will work (play), the other will simply not do anything if selected.

anyways - just an idea for improvement, xbmc is pretty sweet Smile
yup select view -> title and then pressing the black button prompts you to remove the imdb entry.

the double (old) entry will not play when you create a new lookup for the same file which you placed in a different location. (or streaming through another method?)
i have the same problem normally i do the first lookup inside the folder with the movie file, after i have seen the movie i do the lookup again on the folder changing the default icon for movie art from imdb.

i'm also stuck with old movie info from the ones i deleted after watching, i don't know how to delete those…?

it would be nice to flag the movie as seen, making a possible to filter on not seen for instance!
Quote:i have the same problem normally i do the first lookup inside the folder with the movie file, after i have seen the movie i do the lookup again on the folder changing the default icon for movie art from imdb.

i'm also stuck with old movie info from the ones i deleted after watching, i don't know how to delete those…?

it would be nice to flag the movie as seen, making a possible to filter on not seen for instance!

t029248 you are missing the point, this is not to help you distinguish between "seen or not seen" but a request for stopping double entries.

and i explained in my previous post how to remove double entries

nogood

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Check if movie is already in the database0