File Stacking, Multiple CDs
Hi-

I have many movies that have multiple CDs. I have a naming convention that is "movie.cd1.avi" or "movie-cd1.avi"

Two things are happening when I am viewing the list of movies.

1. There will be two selections for each movie, under the same name.
- Casablanca
- Casablanca

2. It will say, "movie collection". When I click on "Avatar Collection", it shows that there are 3 "Avatar" selections. Each one will only play the first cd or part of the movie.

I can't figure out how to fix this. Seems like it would be setting within the skin I am using or under "Videos".

I have read this wiki article http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_stacking but can't find any information regarding this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Aeon Nox
XBMCubuntu
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Nobody can offer any assistance?
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Not sure. The second issue is definitely the library seeing two copies of the same movie, rather than stacking two parts of one movie, since it's attempting to put them into a movie set (a movie set having been created because Avatar has a planned sequel).

Can you give a literal example of the naming of some of the files? Also, how are your movies organized? Are they all in one folder, or one folder per movie?
Thanks for your reply!

All of my movies are in their own folder underneath the /movies/ folder. Here's an example of a movie with multiple CDs.

/harddrive/movies/Avatar/

In this case, when browsing "Movies", it shows a selection named "Avatar Collection", and there are 3 choices selections named "Avatar". Selecting any one of these three will only start to play the first "Avatar-cd1.avi"
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Does the whole movie play? Check the movie runtime during play.

The dupes might be due to another reason.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The whole movie doesn't play. It just plays the first CD.
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
A Debug Log playing said file will likely show us what is happening.

Further, what exactly is displayed on screen when you navigate (in Video->Files) into the "Avatar" directory?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

When I navigate to "Video > Files" or use the "File Manager", under the "Avatar" directory, it shows all three CDs. (Avatar-cd1.avi, Avatar-cd2.avi, Avatar-cd3.avi)

For providing the debug log, I can access the file, no problem. But do I need to play the movie first, or what? What are the steps I need to take in order to provide you with the proper documentation?
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
(2012-08-21, 04:01)SpiderDice Wrote: In this case, when browsing "Movies", it shows a selection named "Avatar Collection", and there are 3 choices selections named "Avatar". Selecting any one of these three will only start to play the first "Avatar-cd1.avi"

If it saw it as three separate movies, you would expect it to play each file separately not always start at CD1.

If you highlight Avatar in your Library (not in Files) and choose Menu - Movie Information, what does it say for the path & file name of each entry?
Path Information (Avatar):

Quote:CD1
/media/FantomHD/movies/Avatar/Avatar.2009.Extended-cd1.avi

CD2
stack:///media/FantomHD/movies/Avatar/.../.../.../.../.../Avatar.2009.Extended-cd2.avi

CD3
stack:///media/FantomHD/movies/Avatar/.../.../.../.../.../.../.../.../.../.../Avatar.2009.Extended-cd2.avi

Here's another example of a movie that has only 2 CDs. This movie is shown twice under the same movie name in the "Movies" list. "American History X"

Quote:CD1
/media/FantomHD/movies/American History X/American.History.X.cd1.avi

CD2
stack:///media/FantomHD/movies/American History X/.../.../.../.../.../American.History.X.cd2.avi

Seems like the "stacking" isn't working properly or something...

Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
OK. Now provide a debug log, with debugging enabled in system-->debugging. It's already been asked of you once. "Seems" and "or something" are pretty vague, and for further troubleshooting, that log is important.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-21, 23:19)jmarshall Wrote: A debug log playing said file will likely show us what is happening.

Further, what exactly is displayed on screen when you navigate (in Video->Files) into the "Avatar" directory?

Just turned on the logging. What other steps should I take? Just navigate to the problem movies, or actually start to play a movie

Here's what I pulled: http://pastebin.com/SSwUL9tv
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
My guess is that you scanned while there was only one CD on your filesystem, again when there was 2, and again when there was 3. The third one for avatar is the correct one and will play the entire movie. I can't see how it could have possibly occurred in any other way.

(2012-08-22, 06:16)jmarshall Wrote: My guess is that you scanned while there was only one CD on your filesystem, again when there was 2, and again when there was 3. The third one for avatar is the correct one and will play the entire movie. I can't see how it could have possibly occurred in any other way.

Okay. How would I remedy this?
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Delete them from your XBMC library and re-scan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Stacking, Multiple CDs0