• 3(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
i cant see it
It's the settings menu under tools....
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
(2012-08-27, 02:49)angrycamel Wrote: Hmm. It looks like the problems are permissions based. I wonder if putting the files into directories the users has access to will help. It is possible I guess that the processes being started do not assume the privileges of the app. I just don't know. Can you guys try moving the TVGuide, xmltv, and hdhr exe's and settings file into the same fit as the app and point the config to them instead? Let's try that and see if it works.

yup.. moved them all into the same folder and still run into the issue.. even checked the permissions on the source.db file and it has full permissions to the particular user trying to open it.. any other ideas?
I don't have any idea gman. Sorry. It's a really simple app so there must be something weird about your environment.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

So last night, after downloading and configuring the last program. The application created my STRM files and it worked! But like gman3042, I have the same problem that I cannot open the source.db file. I checked all the permissions also.

Thanks for the application angrycamel!
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
(2012-08-27, 01:42)gman3042 Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 00:41)angrycamel Wrote: Ah the 3 tuners isn't actually detected from the HDHR but is my fair for hard coding it. See if the field lets you override with a typed number otherwise, I'll have to change it when I get a chance.

I have only tested with an already activated card so I'd bet the HDHR config app will not respond correctly during a scan if the card is not activated.

Gman: I haven't had a chance to test it but at first glance that link requires registration. Can you throw it on Dropbox instead?

sorry.. here we go.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/czalodqacxlnock/source.zip

Just got back from vacation tonight and am looking at this now...

Found the bug! I left behind a hard-coded path from testing. So for the database it was ignoring the configuration and trying to connect to the path below which unless your setup (including windows username) are the same as mine, this path will not exist and result in you getting an access denied error (because the file doesn't exist).

Code:
    public SQLiteDatabase()
    {
        dbConnection = "Data Source=" + @"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide\source.db";
    }

I'm working on the quick fix and will have it up in a minute or so.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Here is the fixed version.

v0.1.1 - HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.1.1.zip

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I take it that this is NOT designed to work with the original HDHR?
I have a 1st gen HDHR hooked up to receive OTA broadcasts with an antenna. The streams play fine manually. But, when I scan for channels in this program, all I see are some encrypted cable channelsHuh
I do get the info in the TV Guide add-on for the correct "Terrestrial" channels, but I have channels listed that I don't receive. Can they be edited?
Thanks
I don't have an ota hdhr to test with. Are you able to select just your ota channels as checked favorites? It will only configure TVGuide with the favorites.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I have 2 original HDHomeruns and would love for this to work with then, unfortunately whenever I do a scan nothing shows. The poster above says he got results. Is there any way to enable debugging or logging to see what's going on behind the scenes?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Sure there is a way that you could get more info by just running the hdhr config tool directly. If you would run it and then put the results onto pastebin I can help you figure it out.

Open a command line and navigate to the Silicondust program files directory:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun"

Discover the devices on your network:

Code:
hdhomerun_config.exe discover

Run a scan and output it to a file. You may have to put a pathin quotes to a file location for the output that the cmd line has access to (unless you are running as administrator).

Code:
hdhomerun_config.exe <your_discovered_device_number> scan 0 hdhrscan_results.txt

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

That seems to work but when I run it in your program the channel window fails to populate here is the output https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/hdhrscan_results.txt and here is the output edited to put in a few unidentified channels https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/hdhrscan_results1.txt

Thanks for any help
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
looking now...

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Just had a thought. Does the program selection in HDHomerun setup utility affect the scan output format? Is it just a matter of changing the program selection to get it working with your utility?
Please throw your channel_cache.json file onto dropbox for me too please.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0