Linux Folder.jpg not being updated when changed
I was placing certain folder.jpg's into my various shares for when I'm in file mode, have a jpg for movie folder, one for pictures, etc... but I made a mistake and placed a picture jpg into one of my movie folders and didn't discover it until I was browsing in file mode. I thought it was no big deal I would just replace it with the correct jpg and so I did but XBMC continues to show me the old jpg. I've tried rebooting several times but still no luck, anyone know how to get it to pick up on the new jpg being used?Huh
Depends on version. If it's a Frodo nightly, then XBMC will automatically update it. It'll take a wee while to do so - basically the first time you view the new one after 24 hours since it was last used, it will check and notice the image is changed and cache the new one. Then the next time the image loads it'll be the new version.

In Eden, you're out of luck - you could find the old thumb using the filemanager then delete it and it'll recache the new one.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm using the Eden stable release but you gave me an idea with the file manager that got me to thinking. I backed up my userdata folder to an external hard drive using WinSCP and then I opened the thumbnail folder and did a search for *.jpg as well as *.png and I found a couple of instances of the file I was looking for then just deleted them in WinSCP. I also used a registry hack to have the ability to view .tbn's as image files however there are 34,393 files so it might take me a while to go through all of them and see if there are more still lingering around but as of now I just checked and my folder is now showing the correct jpg so problem solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder.jpg not being updated when changed0