Help with xbmc.player() handling
hi,

got a couple of questions about what can be done to handle the xbmc.player() within python scripts..

in fact i'm adding playlist support to my streams controllist, so the user can select which streams of the contollist to play and in what specific order..

first i don't know the pad keys to go to the next or previous entry of the playlist, is it handled by the xbmc.player() process or do i have to build onaction stuff ?
i've noticed the playnext(...) playprevious(...) methods so i was wondering about that..

the playlist seems to work fine but beetween video streams, it can take a little time to buffer the next one and i'd like to do something there..

is there a way to show something over the fullscreen video ?
like some osd text announcing the next playlist item ?
the onplayback.. methods will let me do what's required when playback ends or starts so..
i'm just not sure how to handle the video window..
thx

.dvbm
you can put up a dialog box over the fullscreen video - just throw up a dialog at the appropriate time.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

okay

i've been practicing the fullscreen video buttons a bit and it seems that the x button brings back the active python window, leaving the video to play hidden..
another push on the x button brings back the fullscreen video..

i'm trying to reproduce the same behaviour using the recent new function :
executebuiltin(xbmc.activatewindow(id))

one thing i was wondering though is if you can bind the xbmc.player() instance to a window or not..
closing the window would then kill the associated player..
it was "designed" that way in my script but didn't work as expected as i could close the windows from where i started the playback and the player would still play..

one good thing thought is that when i launch another stream with a new window, it seems to kill the previous player instance..

or maybe there is only one instance that is created upon .play(url) method and you can bind the player to the current window by doing somthing like

self.player = xbmc.player()

that's what i do..

anyways the whole point of this is to know at anytime in my new windows what the player is doing, if it's doing something of course..

if you have some tips or explanations about how all that works, i'll sure read it with attention Smile
thx

.dvbm
i was also wondering if onplaybackended(...) was called between entries of a playlist or just at the end of the playlist..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with xbmc.player() handling0