Crash at startup - Fresh install
I am a die hard Mediaportal fan who came up with the idea to try out XBMC.

System is old
Athlon XP 2200+
ATI Radeon HD3600
2GB memory

At first I tried on my working system with Windows XP SP3
Just crashed so I figured this old install was the problem.

Made a total clean install of Windows 7 Pro and setup the gfx driver and thought I could try out Eden.

No luck Same behaviour as on my XP system.
Starting - black screen - crash

I have tried to wipe userdata
I even tried the latest nightlies. Still the same
I have made all updates to Windows.

Log for V11
http://pastebin.com/rFJYxumv

Log for nightly
http://pastebin.com/x8YcAKaB

I really wanty to test XBMC but this was a bad first experience! Sad
I hope you guys have some clue!

/Johan
I have an Athlon XP 2500+ XPS3 with an ATI 3650, it runs Dharma fine, barfs on Eden.. seems this graphic card is borderline.
it's a long shot but try and run it as admin and see what happens
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Well if previous versions works it seems like something is broken in Eden.

Running as admin shouldn't matter I assume since I have not seen reports about crashes if not running as admin.
But I guess I give it a try when I change drive again. I don't have too much time to experiment since I have two small kids who wants to use the HTPC Smile

3600 may be an old card but it sure meets the specs for running Eden.

Any other help what to try is appreciated.
Tried running as admin yesterday and as I expected no difference.
Then I installed Dharma 10.1 which actually started.

I managed to get acceleration with DXVA2 and I played 720p and 1080p h264 movies smooth as usual... for a minute or two. At this time CPU load was between 20-30% which I assume is OK for my OLD system.
Then it CPU went down to 2-3% and movie is stuttering as hell. If I restarted XBMC (not the computer) it worked for some time again. It feels like some buffer gets overloaded but hell I don't know.

Not sure if this is a bug in Dharma that could be fixed in Eden but since Eden is not even starting I can't tell.

I guess I give up the idea to run Win 7 and XBMC Sad Sad since my Mediaportal installation on WinXP SP3 does an excellent job in playing all my movies. A little "jump" here and there is something I can live with I guess.
Is there anything I can do to help track down the problem with Eden not working with Radedon 3600 series?

There are no archive of nightlies pre-Eden as far as I know so I cannot test different nightlies to test when it broke.

Anything else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash at startup - Fresh install0