Enabling remote control for Philips LCD TV
Hello there !

I am fresh to XBMC and I hope that I am posting to the right subforum.
I have installed XBMC on Raspberry Pi and configured navigation over
web browser remote. I am wondering if there is a way to somehow
use also my LCD TV remote controller to control the XBMC navigation ?
This Pulse-Eight icon seems to start at the bootup. But I haven't
touched the settings there yet. So I have this Philips Full HD LCD TV
Model 32PFL5604H/12. And on the original remote controller it just
says "Philips Television" and it is infrared. it has the OK key inside the
arrows keys, but when I press those arrows it will just move main picture
to the corners of the viewable screen. I tried pressing all other keys
but it doesnt seem to interact with the menus on screen.

Any hints ?

Thank you !

P.S. I really like XBMC it is amazing that it can run on such a small device
as RPI !
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Do you have a USB remote control dongle installed on your RPi? Because, otherwise, there's no way for the RPi to receive the IR signals from your TV remote control.

If you want to use your existing TV remote to control XBMC, you might want to look into Flirc.
Thanks artrafael.

This is my remote control - from lirc remote control website
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/phil...L5604H.jpg
Did I write that CEC icon from pulse-eight appears on my XBMC load menu , I just don't know how to define it for this remote controller.
Please delete this thread, I have figured out the solution and it works.
Glad you got it sorted out.

Rather than deleting this thread, why don't you post your solution here for the benefit of others who may come across this topic in the future? Thanks.
Yes, sorry, the solution was to enable the "Easylink" option for the remote control inside the Philips LCD TV. This is how they call their CEC-enabled feature "Easylink". That has solved it for me !
Hi, I have a Philips 32PFL3506/F7, unfortunately the previous solution doesn't work for me, even if the Easylink feature discover my RPi on HDMI2 the remote doesn't send anything to my RPi runing XBMC

Any idea ?

Thanks

Eric
Hello !

This is a short update on the issue:

Previously I had an older instance of XBMC and libcec drivers, which worked. With current version:
Package: xbmc
Version: 2:11.0~git20121027.99da926-1
Source: libcec
Version: 1.9.0-1

Things have stopped working. I use latest Raspberry PI packages from Raspbian. And on the bootup, there is no icon for LIBCEC appearing anymore. So I was wondering maybe current XBMC binary doesn't have libcec enabled at compile time. Is there a way to check which options have been compiled in for this binary ?

@cyberic68 - There is a setting where you need to enable CEC within the XBMC menu for enabling TV remote its inside:
SYSTEM -> SYSTEM -> Input Devices -> Remote control sends keyboard presses

Kind regards,
Jan
(2012-11-21, 12:23)jazzfunk Wrote: Hello !

This is a short update on the issue:

Previously I had an older instance of XBMC and libcec drivers, which worked. With current version:
Package: xbmc
Version: 2:11.0~git20121027.99da926-1
Source: libcec
Version: 1.9.0-1

Things have stopped working. I use latest Raspberry PI packages from Raspbian. And on the bootup, there is no icon for LIBCEC appearing anymore. So I was wondering maybe current XBMC binary doesn't have libcec enabled at compile time. Is there a way to check which options have been compiled in for this binary ?

@cyberic68 - There is a setting where you need to enable CEC within the XBMC menu for enabling TV remote its inside:
SYSTEM -> SYSTEM -> Input Devices -> Remote control sends keyboard presses

Kind regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,

I have exactly the same problem, I also have a Philips TV and from the latest version of RaspBMC + XBMC my remote stopped working.
Enabling the " Remote control sends keyboard presses " option did not help in this matter.

Anybody knows what the cause of this is?

Kind Regards,

Juul

Same problem on my xbian XBMC 1.0.0 v4. And 37PFL7603D/10
I reported the bug to Debian buglist.
It's here - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=696463

Kind regards,
Jan
same problem here! my tv is detected by xbmc through CEC. The tv turns off when I poweroff the Raspberry but whatever button I press on the remote control nothing happens.
Hi, same problem here
I have a 42PFL3605/12, I enabled the easylink on the tv, xbmc (openelec) detect the cec connection (pop up saying CEC detected ...) but nothing is handled by libCEC, the remote arrows only moves the screen ....
Does someone found a solution ?
I have the same problem with my 42pfl5603d philips TV.

XBMC detects the TV, also it changes to the hdmi connected, standby the tv when I close XBMC, but the remote only moves the screen left or right. The rest of buttons doesn't respond.

Any way to solve this problems?

Thanks,
Danny.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling remote control for Philips LCD TV0