Stuttering Video Playback
I know I need to post a log file, but I'm unable to currently. Here is my issue though, if anyone can figure it out:

I record live TV via a tuner card using Windows Media Center. I then have MCEBuddy 2.2 auto-convert those WMC recordings to .mkv format, compress them, and store them in one of my XBMC folders.

When I play the files with VLC player, they play perfectly with no issue. When I play the files within XBMC, the audio runs perfectly, but the video plays a couple seconds, hiccups, catches up, rinse and repeat.

I have no idea why it is reacting this way. Any ideas?
Main HTPC: i5-2500k Sandybridge 3.3Ghz - ASRock Z68 - Radeon HD6950 2GB - 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws - 64GB Crucial M4 SSD - 500GB HDD storage
Master Bedroom: G530 - ASRock H67M - 4GB Kingston HyperX - 160GB Seagate 2.5"
Living Room: Xbox 360 Media Center Extender
If you are using Radeon HD6950 2GB, you need to update the latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect...and set XBMC as below-

- Enable DXVA2 but select DXVA as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
- Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-08-31, 17:27)bluray Wrote: If you are using Radeon HD6950 2GB, you need to update the latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect...and set XBMC as below-

- Enable DXVA2 but select DXVA as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
- Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output

I'm sorry for not clarifying. This has been happening on my Intel integrated graphics machine, though I haven't checked it on the Radeon machine yet. Trying those settings on the Intel machine, however, didn't resolve the issue.
Main HTPC: i5-2500k Sandybridge 3.3Ghz - ASRock Z68 - Radeon HD6950 2GB - 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws - 64GB Crucial M4 SSD - 500GB HDD storage
(2012-09-02, 05:18)mprez333 Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 17:27)bluray Wrote: If you are using Radeon HD6950 2GB, you need to update the latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect...and set XBMC as below-

I'm sorry for not clarifying. This has been happening on my Intel integrated graphics machine, though I haven't checked it on the Radeon machine yet. Trying those settings on the Intel machine, however, didn't resolve the issue.
I saw Radeon HD6950 2GB in your signature. I thought that you are having problem with AMD GPU. If it is Intel, it is stlightly different configurations......try as below for Intel iGPU.....

- Update the latest Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
- Disbale DXVA2 but select Software as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-02, 05:33)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 05:18)mprez333 Wrote:

I saw Radeon HD6950 2GB in your signature. I thought that you are having problem with AMD GPU. If it is Intel, it is stlightly different configurations......try as below for Intel iGPU.....

- Update the latest Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
- Disbale DXVA2 but select Software as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback

While I appreciated the driver update, it didn't work. However, I thought I would post for anyone who might run into similar issues. The thing that made the difference was Video Deinterlacing was set to "On" and that caused the stutter. When I set it to "Auto" it handled everything great. Thanks so much for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering Video Playback0