Non media related folders are visible [SOLVED]
AppleTV 2 with iOS 5.0.1(4224)

I am having an issue with non media related folders appearing in my movie folder source. Folders that normally should be hidden like
/bin
/dev
/developer
/boot
/etc

These are mixed in with the other movies. I did a search and couldn't find any matches for a similar issue

Here's a screen shot...

Thanks for the assistance.

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

I don't know anything about ATV2 specifically, but could it be that you defined your root directory as your movie source instead the actual directory where you store your movie files?
Thanks for the reply.

The movie source is an smb share from my vista pc... I didn't mess with the root directory of the AppleTV at all so I'm not sure.
That looks like the root folder of the ATV2 having been added as a source.
When the above have suggested the root folder was added as a source, they are suggesting you added the entire root folder as a MOVIE source when you the source in XBMC. Check out the wiki
You should also be able to clearly discern if this is the case, by checking out the sources.xml file.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
That's weird. Well I removed the smb share and cleaned the library and re added the smb. Everything looks as it should now and issues resolved. I guess the root folders scared me off from trying this first..

Thanks everyone for all your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non media related folders are visible [SOLVED] 1