Win Studio icon and ratings missing
Hi all,

Love this skin but recently noticed an odd issue. The studio icon, MPAA & TMDB ratings are not appearing in the bottom left corner of the movie listing as it used to do.
I've tried resetting the skin preferences, creating a new XBMC profile, uninstalling and reinstalling the skin, still doesn't work. Oddly though if I remove the Metropolis [git] skin and install the standard metropolis skin it works correctly, but if I then install the github version from the passion repository, the same issue occurs.
I can also confirm the "hide rating and studio flags" option is unchecked.

Anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Here's an example:

Would have added it earlier but the "insert image" button just adds [undefined] boxes for me, so had to check what code to use firs.
Post a screenshot please.
(2012-09-03, 00:57)jingai Wrote: Post a screenshot please.

Was just editing the first as you posted, but screenshot is in there showing the lack of anything in the bottom left corner Smile
Reproduced the issue. It happens if you uncheck the Enable Cover Art Overlay setting in Settings>Metropolis>Music Settings.
I'm guessing it has to do with this line in Includes_MediaFlags.xml;
<visible>!Player.HasAudio + Skin.HasSetting(MusicCoverArtOverlay)</visible>
(2012-09-03, 13:16)DProudmoore Wrote: Reproduced the issue. It happens if you uncheck the Enable Cover Art Overlay setting in Settings>Metropolis>Music Settings.
I'm guessing it has to do with this line in Includes_MediaFlags.xml;
<visible>!Player.HasAudio + Skin.HasSetting(MusicCoverArtOverlay)</visible>

You're a genius, thanks for that. Ticked it and instantly resolved, never use music so not fussed whether the option is there or not.
Ok, I'll add an issue to get this fixed.
Even with it checked, IMDB Rank is still not shown. Hope this comes back as I thought this was a cool feature of Metropolis.
I think IMDB Rank was removed a while back. I think that space is now used for the letters when fast scrolling. Personally I consider the rank useless clutter.
Hmmm, was there last week. Frankly I use it a lot and it impresses friends when scrolling through my playlist I setup to show the IMDB Top 250. I loved this feature in Big Alaska and was jazzed when it was added to Metropolis. Fast scrolling is a nice new feature but I'd love to have the rank back. To each their own and I'll let Jingai decide.
You could always create a Smart Playlist that only shows Top 250 movies.

Though, I did a quick test and either I'm doing something wrong or the Top 250 rule isn't working. Maybe I've used a scraper that doesn't set the Top 250 values.

Edit: My mistake, it works just fine. Just create a "Top 250 is greater than 0" rule.
(2012-09-03, 21:41)sialivi Wrote: You could always create a Smart Playlist that only shows Top 250 movies.

"when scrolling through my playlist"

Yup, that's exactly what I did. And to me it looks pretty cool scrolling through the movies 1, 2, 3, and etc.

And with Frodo's new "Tag" feature, I'm hoping I can add my long awaited Academy Award Pictures playlist as well (sorted by year of course).
(2012-09-03, 21:58)tuckbodi Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 21:41)sialivi Wrote: You could always create a Smart Playlist that only shows Top 250 movies.

"when scrolling through my playlist"

Yup, that's exactly what I did. And to me it looks pretty cool scrolling through the movies 1, 2, 3, and etc.

And with Frodo's new "Tag" feature, I'm hoping I can add my long awaited Academy Award Pictures playlist as well (sorted by year of course).

Let me explain why I removed this. Obviously, making room for the sort letter was one reason.

The other reason is that the flags in the center there are describing the file (resolution, aspect ratio, codecs, etc) not its contents. It's the wrong location for the IMDB rank, IMHO. The right place would be with the rating/studio/rank on the left, but as you can see, there is no room there either.

I'd consider putting the IMDB rank back if someone can figure out a place where it both fits (physically) and fits in (contextually). I don't personally see an appropriate spot for it though..
@tuckbodi, what if I made an option to replace the Studio flag with the IMDB rank? You'd have to pick one or the other, but maybe that's a sufficient fix for you? Let me know.
I don't remember how large the top 250 flag was, but would it perhaps be possible to have the current imdb rating flag switch back and forth between imdb rating and top 250 rank, if the movie has such a rank, since those two are kinda connected?
Hmm, that's not a bad idea, but I think the existing IMDB Top250 flag would be too big for that box. That isn't to say we (by "we" I really mean someone who can actually use a paint program, which isn't me) can't draw up a new one though that will fit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Studio icon and ratings missing0