LIttle Confused with PVR functionality
OK, so now PVR has been merged into main.... and I am still a little confused as to how this will all work.

Is the intention to have 1 addon for mythtv, 1 for TVHeadend, etc... , or will there possibly be multiple add-ons created my multiple users - each with it's own benefits/flaws?

Is the goal to just provide LiveTV with record/pause/RW/FF capability and playback of recorded programs, or to provide all/most of the features of your selected backend.... or is this left to the independent add-on creators?

Here is my scenario : I currently use MythTV as my backend. I do not watch live TV with MythTV, nor do I watch any of the recordings using mythfrontend... I only go into mythfrontend to set/verify the commercial flags, then transcode the file to remove the commercials, then run mythicalLibrarian script to move and rename the files so XBMC can properly scrape them.

Using an XBMC add-on, will I be able to manually flag the commercials, then choose a user job (such as transcode, mythicalLibrarian, etc), thus eliminating the need for mythfrontend?

Sorry if some of this has been covered in other threads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIttle Confused with PVR functionality0