Win HDMI not working
running windows xp 32 sp3
Directx 9
Geforce 210 Driver Ver: 197.45
xbmc eden v.11

Connected my htpc directly to my tv through hdmi. everything seems to work fine. i start xbmc eden and the sound still works. the second i start a movie the sound stops working and i get a universal no emblem saying it wasn't able to initialize. i've read some other posts and i just get more confused on how to fix this. i am a beginner at all this xbmc stuff so please be gentle. thank you
Can you post a screenshot of your Settings>System>Audio Output window? See the XBMC wiki about getting the screenshot (quick google)
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
how do i post a picture on here?
if you select "Preview Post" below the text window it will bring you to a more advanced reply page with the option to insert a hyperlink. The photo itself upload to http://www.tinypic.com (for example). That will give you the link to paste here.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
here is the screenshot. thank you

Everything there looks reasonable for an HDMI device. Do your Windows settings match? Meaning is the NVidia High Definition Audio device selected as the default device in the Windows Control Panel applet, and is it also set to 7.1?

Hmmm, just re-read that you're using Windows XP. That changes a few things. Try unchecking the Dolby Digital and DTS settings - with XP and DirectSound we're better off letting XBMC do the decoding. DirectSound cannot always handle passthrough audio well.
where do i find those settings in xp?
The settings are in XBMC - in the screenshot above the two radio buttons entitled Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver and DTS capable receiver.

Those formats will still play, they will just be decoded by XBMC - no quality loss or anything.

Also just noticed again in your first post - you are connected to a TV but you have 7.1 channels selected in the photo above? Your TV will not have more than 2 channels. You must select 2 channels as your Speaker Configuration.

So on that screen above:
Speaker Configuration = 2.0
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver = off
DTS capable receiver = off
Awesome. works great!! thank you very much.
Glad to hear it - enjoy Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI not working0