pc shuts off while navigating XBMC.
I usually find my answers by reading other people's posts but i cant find a solution for this one....if i leave xbmc running without doing anything after a few minutes it will shut off the whole system, if im navigating through xbmc out of nowere it will shut off the whole system as well. I have checked the power saving seetings under xbmc settings and they are all correct. Does anyone know what else might be the problem? thank you.
Might not tell much, but a Debug Log would help here. Enable debugging, navigate away until it crashes, then once rebooted find the logfile and post via pastebin.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
My daughter has this exact issue!
(And if I find out that's you posting questions Gemma... You're grounded for 2 weeks not 1!)

However, if you are not my daughter, you should check to see if someone (aka your dad) in your house is turning off your xbmc via the web, iOS interface, upnp interface every time you turn it on when your supposed to be grounded Big Grin

Also, check your shutdown options in the power saving menu etc too on both your pc and xbmc...

Now get to bed or I'm enabling the service blocking schedule on the router as well!

lmao Big Grin - i can tell you its not your daughter based on the different ips Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
heh - and here was me being serious Tongue
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
hahaha yeah im not your daughter but thanks for the info. i will go ahead and figure this log out and post it maybe you guys can find something i dont see. thanks a lot.
(2012-09-09, 00:13)robledjl Wrote: I have checked the power saving seetings under xbmc settings and they are all correct.
What exactly are your power savings settings? Please list each of the options and their selected values.

You wouldn't happen to have "Custom shutdown timer" enabled, would you?

(2012-09-09, 02:49)robledjl Wrote: i will go ahead and figure this log out and post it maybe you guys can find something i dont see. thanks a lot.
Sounds like a plan. Please upload the log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL to the uploaded logs here.
(2012-09-09, 01:16)Memphiz Wrote: lmao Big Grin - i can tell you its not your daughter based on the different ips Wink

Cheers for the conformation Big Grin

The timing was impeccable, I had just had an argument with her about me shutting it down minutes before this appeared Smile...

Dam kids!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pc shuts off while navigating XBMC.0