XBMC Eden Pause Volume Muted
I have XBMC Eden running on a Win7 x64 HTPC...

I have an XBOX 1 Controller that I use for control. With a couple minor glitches, most notably the thumbstick won't control volume like it did on the XBOX 1, the controller works flawlessly...

The big problem is that, when I pause the video playback for longer than a second or two, the sound is muted when playback is resumed for 5-10 seconds. It's really annoying as we miss dialog when pausing is unavoidable..

Is this a setting within XBMC or some setting in Windows 7Huh

Thanx
Does the same problem occur if you pause/play using a regular keyboard?
Is your media stored locally, on a NAS (file server) or streamed over the Internet?
Thanx for the reply...

The media is stored locally on the hard drives...

I do have the same problem when I use a keyboard...

Interestingly enough, BOTH devices (XBOX1 Controller & Keyboard) are wireless...

Could that be the problem??

Thanx again...

NOTE: Plugged in a wired USB Keyboard. Same problem...
Is your audio output HDMI, optical, analog?
Is audio going through your TV speakers, external speakers, via external amplifier/receiver?
The HTPC is hooked to a Home Theater system via Optical I could try thru standard RCA, but I would need to get a plug to covert the audio jack to RCA...

I found a work-around If I un-pause/re-pause/un-pause several times real fast, the audio does play immediately.

(2012-09-10, 22:28)Michale32086 Wrote: The HTPC is hooked to a Home Theater system via Optical I could try thru standard RCA, but I would need to get a plug to covert the audio jack to RCA...
Go ahead and try analog audio via your RCA connectors and see if this makes any difference. If does turn out to be an issue with optical audio, I'll have to defer to others who are more knowledgeable in this area.
Quote:I found a work-around If I un-pause/re-pause/un-pause several times real fast, the audio does play immediately.
While waiting for a better solution, you may want to look at this workaround as well:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1141205
It changes unpause to jump back x number of seconds (user-defined) in the video when resuming playback. This way, playback will resume at -x seconds from when you hit Pause, and when the video gets back to where you actually left off, the sound will come back on again. Read the rest of that thread for some caveats.

Ohh That's a nifty workaround! Big Grin

I'll give that a shot.

Thanx again...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden Pause Volume Muted0