Win How to play SBS video in 3d mode
So, yesterday I bought a 3d monitor with integrated Nvidia 3d vision 2 and wireless glasses. I can play games flawlessly, view 3d youtube and pictures. I open up XBMC and the monitor enters 3d mode and the menus within XBMC are even 3D. However when I select an SBS .mkv 3d movie to play, I see both images on screen, side by side, rather than overlayed on top of one another as I believe 3d is supposed to work. Does anyone have a way to fix this?
Is there any way to toggle 3D manually on your monitor? I know with my LG 3D TV I have to manually toggle 3D mode when playing 3D SBS content.
(2012-09-21, 20:10)StartCodon Wrote: Is there any way to toggle 3D manually on your monitor? I know with my LG 3D TV I have to manually toggle 3D mode when playing 3D SBS content.

The monitor is in 3d mode, and still showing the images side by side. I know this because there is an indicator on screen by nvidia stating this, my glasses go dark, there is an LED on my monitor, and in the monitor menus it says 3d mode. I can see the XBMC GUI in 3d, which includes all the menus.

Monitor in question is an Asus VG278H, if it matters. I am also running the latest Nvidia Drivers.
you would need to be able to switch to side by side mode. you wouldn't want 3d mode on. you need SBS or Over under mode depending on the video. 3d projectors and tvs can do it. in your case, you might be out of luck.
It seems you're not the only one with this monitor who's frustrated:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=2...uage=en-us
http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sk...nitor.html
(etc., just look on Google)
For some reason, Asus seem to have omitted a way of manually toggling SBS mode. If you bought it yesterday you might be able to take it back for a refund, and research a new 3D monitor (I'd suggest one but I don't know about 3D monitors, sorry).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play SBS video in 3d mode0