Output to TV
Hello!

This is my first post, so hello!

I have been searching for a couple of days using google and reading forums etc, however I still have not found a solution. I feel that xbmc is the closest I have gotten so I have come here to see if you can help! ...

On my android phone there is an option when I'm playing music called 'output'. When i click it, my wifi players (such as my tv) show up and I can then stream to my tv. The volume, pause/play, track options etc are all still on the phone. The tv is merely being used as a speaker.

I would like to do the same form my mac, however, every option I find requires setting up a DLNA server and then using the TV to access the mac. Whilst this works, its not what I'm after.

I'm looking for a option (like windows has built in called play to, which works with my tv) where I can click on a song, and then click send to -> tv and it will just play.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Max
XBMC cannot do this yet.
Thank you for your reply. Thats a shame!
The feature is coming. Not sure on any ETA, but it is being worked on.
oh how exciting! I shall keep it installed and wait in eager anticipation. Thanks for the heads up.
Okay, so I've had another thought....

I've hooked up a windows laptop to my TV, if I run xbmc on that and on my mac laptop, can I control whats playing on the windwos laptop with the mac one?

Thanks
(2012-10-05, 14:46)darksupernova Wrote: Okay, so I've had another thought....

I've hooked up a windows laptop to my TV, if I run xbmc on that and on my mac laptop, can I control whats playing on the windwos laptop with the mac one?

Thanks

To avoid duplication of effort by potential responders to this question, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142053
I'm really sorry, got flu at the moment and keep forgetting things!

Yes I have the webui sort of working now, but the laptop wont play video unless its at about 1fps over hdmi. I've tried searching the threads but all I seem to find is hdmi sound issues, the sound is working for me, I just cant play videos over hdmi :S
Update: Add-ons that stream videos from the internet work just fine, its only locally hosted video which wont play..
You should check out an android and ios application called zappo tv. I think it supports streaming from your phone (and lots of other places) to xbmc via wifi. Don't forget to report back for others here!

Edit: oops sorry I just realised that you want to stream from your Mac, not your android device... Disregard...
There must be a way to do this. I can stream directly from my Android phone to my TV via wifi through XBMC. I am not sure whether it is a feature of the phone of something included in the XBMC app for Android? I use both a HTPC and the original Xbox on TV's throughout my house however I am having a harder time finding files that will play through the XBOX without converting.
XBMC can be a UPnP/DLNA client to various devices, but XBMC can't "push" to another XBMC device yet.
I love when a dev like Ned comes on and uses words like 'yet'! Big Grin
I like people who really get what 'yet' means ... Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Output to TV0