Movie sets in sub-menu video folder?
First off, great Skin. I'm a huge fan. I recently upgraded to 3.6 and am running the latest nightly build of Eden. I have a sub-menu under Movies called "Children," which links to a video folder of children movies. In this folder I have all the land before time movies (14 or so) that aren't displayed in set. When I view these movies in the normal movie folder they are in sets. Additionally movie sets is enabled in the settings screen. If anyone know how to adjust this so they are viewed in sets under my sub-menu I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.
When you browse your Chlidren movies (guess it's a smart playlist), display slide menu (press UP or LEFT depending on the view) and by default, movies are sort by Playlist, just choose "Sort by name"
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Thanks for the reply. It is not a smart playlist. I have a folder inside of my Movies folder filled with children's movies and the sub-menu points to that video folder.

Unfortunately I already had Name as the sort option. I tried all the sort options, but still no luck. Any other thoughts?
I don't know, I'm using smart playlist to make different menus : Parents, Childrens and Animated. Each on liked to a custom menu so I can have a widget display "recently added movies" and a dynamic background :

When you go into those folders, are they organized into sets? For example, I noticed you have Shrek movies. When you view all movies are the Shrek ones viewed as a set or individually. That is where I am having the issue. I would like to see them as sets.
As I set up option in XBMC to group movies into set, when I browse my Animated smart playlist, Shrek is seen as a movieset :

And when I enter Shrek movieset, movies are displayed individually :

I guess smart lists are different than video files. Oh well. Not a huge deal. Thanks for all th info. Just curious, what rules do you use for your children's smart list
I have 3 smart playlists : Children movies, Parents movies, Animated

All my movies are stored on my NAS in differents directories :

\\NAS\Videos\Films\Children
\\NAS\Videos\Films\Parents
\\NAS\Videos\Animated

And my smart playlists are based on path :

For Children, rule = path contains "Children"

Thanks for the info. I have movies broken up in a similar fashion. I just use a sub menu to a video folder. I'll try it with a smart list and that rule to see if I can get it to work.
(2012-09-30, 15:24)mikebzh44 Wrote: I don't know, I'm using smart playlist to make different menus : Parents, Childrens and Animated. Each on liked to a custom menu so I can have a widget display "recently added movies" and a dynamic background :

Where did you take that fanart ? It would look perfect on my setup !
(2012-10-04, 03:40)Atho Wrote:
(2012-09-30, 15:24)mikebzh44 Wrote: I don't know, I'm using smart playlist to make different menus : Parents, Childrens and Animated. Each on liked to a custom menu so I can have a widget display "recently added movies" and a dynamic background :

That's an Aeon Nox-specific background called Live DVD cases.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-10-04, 03:52)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-10-04, 03:40)Atho Wrote:

That's an Aeon Nox-specific background called Live DVD cases.

Wow I didn't knew that one ! I'll try it soon... real soon !

Thanks !
I was able to get the sets working by making the playlist.
@mikebzh44 - or anyone else that may know.. couple questions, how did you get your movie set screen to not show the return to previous screen button as seen in my pic below

And how would i go about getting those fancy transparent bluray cases?
For removing "Up level" item :

System > Settings > Appereance > File lists > Unselect "Show parent folder items"

For Bluray cases, as your movie is SD, you will have DVD case instead but to activate this options, press UP to open left sliding menu and edit view properties to activate DVD/BD cases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie sets in sub-menu video folder?0