• 2(current)
New Aeon Nox crashing?
I don't play music with xbmc, only video files, but it was already set to none anyways.

My crashes don't happen during playback, only navigating through menus or letting xbmc idle minimized in the background and then come back to it 20 minutes later and it's black screen frozen. Have to reboot the pc can't even ctrl-alt-delete to close it. It takes over the entire focus of the screen.
(2012-10-01, 02:54)StinDaWg Wrote: I don't play music with xbmc, only video files, but it was already set to none anyways.

My crashes don't happen during playback, only navigating through menus or letting xbmc idle minimized in the background and then come back to it 20 minutes later and it's black screen frozen. Have to reboot the pc can't even ctrl-alt-delete to close it. It takes over the entire focus of the screen.

Exactly what happens to me, shame really cause I really liked this skin, its pretty but yet a lot lighter than EQ so my little atom CPU doesn't struggle with it.
I've messed around with pretty much everything so as a last hope I decided to change vertical blank sync from "always" to "enabled during video playback". I haven't had any crashes for an hour, where before I couldn't go 5 minutes. This setting makes scrolling and going between menus noticeably choppier, you get kind of a tearing affect on text, but at least it's working so far. What I don't understand is why having this turned on always would cause xbmc to crash when just navigating menus. Confluence doesn't crash with it turned on. Thoughts?

Edit: Never mind, crashed again. Headed back to MQ3 for the time being. Sucks that I can't get my favorite skin to work properly.
does xbmc frodo + nox 4.0 crash for you, too?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
There's no frodo standalone build right? (ie xbmcbuntu), it's just the application right now? I'd just like to try it, might install Win 7 on my Zotac box and see how that runs, give Frodo a try and also this skin on that
i dont have music visualisations set and am still seeing the crash on pressing the skip button during playback, see earlier post in this thread for log file, any suggestions? im also seeing crash randomly when selecting a movie by pressing the ok button the remote to bring up the play/resume/more info options, i can post the log for this also if required, let me know.
Mine crashes randomly as well, sometimes when simply entering a season folder of a show, or when simply browsing the home screen.

I have rolled back to 3.5 for now, and I have been completely stable.
I encountered Freezes with aeon nox 4 on a complete new installed ubuntu 12.04 with gibt xbmc-xvba build. For me every time i try to access context menue.
hmm thats a real shame to roll back to 3.5, also this doesnt really help the developers figure out what the issue is :-(, im happy to try any suggestions posted here to try and find out what is causing the issues, ive also just noticed this thread regards context menu issues ,which is one of my problems http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141231 so at least im not alone i guess.

will roll back again to 3.5 and see what happens tonight.

Crashes the hell out of XBMC on windows 7 x64 as well
(2012-10-02, 17:01)funkymcbain Wrote: Crashes the hell out of XBMC on windows 7 x64 as well

very stable here on windows 7 x64. has to be related to your setup. but i have no idea what.
try to deactivate all the service addons you´re using.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
I get the crashes too, though not all the time. Didn't get any crashes before (like, say, before a month ago) and it started after updating the Aeon skin.

The next time it happens i'll post a crashlog.

It seems to happen at specific moments. Mostly when going through menu settings (specifically when moving quickly) and sometimes when starting or exiting a movie. One thing that seems to "trigger" a crash most often is browsing to a movie and pressing the context menu button. I believe it's the button "C" on a keyboard? The context menu should pop up, but 5 out of 10 times the system crashes.

Basic system info:

Linux 3.2.0.31 generic pae build friday sept 7th (i686)
XBMC 12.0 alpha 6 compiled sept 29th
Video: Nvidia GT520 - opengl version 4.2.0 driver version 304.51

BTW i know it's alpha and it's far from complete/stable. Just here to try to help :-)
well...
... just another "me too"
I really hope the problem gets fixed for 3.6 and not just in 4.0
I rolled back to 3.5 for the time being.
if someone who is getting those crashes has some experience with GIT it wouldn´t be too hard to track down which commit causes that. anyone?
Shit I wish I knew, I'd help you out big time. Any way I can learn something here?

But ya it's always menu navigation for me
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Aeon Nox crashing?0