No surround working...nvidia HDMI
Hello! I can only post here because I think you're the only people that could really be able to help...

I spent the last 3 hours on google, without any result.

Setup until today afternoon:

onkyo tx sr608, 2 speakers, windows 7, GTX 570, HDMI cable.

Today evening: added 2 surround speakers (that means from 2.0 to 4.0)

I put together the cables, I did the sound test integrated with the onkyo (with its microphone). I went to windows, set the output to 4.0 instead of stereo, and enjoyed my first wonderful pixar short with surround speakers (played with XBMC, output set to 4.0).

Went to dinner, ate, went right back to the pc.....surround doesn't work. The windows test doesn't play on surround speakers (it did before), if I click on the surround, the sound is played by the front speakers. Nobody touched any cable. I restarted averything (onkyo, windows, tv) many times....still same problem. If I play now the same pixar short in xbmc, there is no surround at all. The speaker test in windows plays all the 4 sound on the front speakers. Disinstalled drivers 2 times....nothing.

It had been so smooth....new speakers, new cable, set windows to 4.0 and enjoy movies. I don't see the point. There is no reason why it worked 4 hours ago and it didn't work 30 minutes later.

What am I supposed to doHuh This really drives me crazy. I'm using the latest drivers.

The only thing I could think of is something get updated 30 minutes later. It might have messed up your original configurations.

You can go through your configurations carefully one more time, and you can get some tips in the SETUP section of this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC..............
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
It doesn't really help... I am starting to think it could be some bug with the nvidia drivers... The problem is that windows even if I choose 4.0 it doesn't send the sound to the surround. It did the first time and now mysteriously doesn't.... So no application will ever play surround unless I fix the Windows problem... On the Onkyo side, I don't think there is any settings I could check?
(2012-10-04, 00:24)rogermorse Wrote: It doesn't really help... I am starting to think it could be some bug with the nvidia drivers... The problem is that windows even if I choose 4.0 it doesn't send the sound to the surround. It did the first time and now mysteriously doesn't.... So no application will ever play surround unless I fix the Windows problem... On the Onkyo side, I don't think there is any settings I could check?
Do you have any other audio codec (like Realtek) installed other than Nvidia? If there is, you can un-install it, and update the latest Nvidia driver from here- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products.....

Make sure that HDMI audio output is selected as shown in my screen shot below. If you are bitstreaming, you can select "Stereo" as audio channel.....

The best way to get the best audio and video is by connecting your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No surround working...nvidia HDMI0