Music playback issues with Audio Engline
well, music is, as well as movies etc Wink
The small hickup between the songs isn't too bad now that Memphiz did something to make it a bit better.
That is a matter of perspective... For sure I don't have everything in flac or Alac and then get penalties by hickups Wink
Ok, at first sorry for the previous post, iOS auto correction made me struggle Smile
I've just updated to RC2 and now the hickups between the tracks seem to be gone and now it is during the songs(seem to be randomly). But certainly it is an improvement... Please Smile continue to improve Big Grin
Its some secs after the next song started (thats when we destroy the stream from the previous song and this needs to reset the apple audiograph which hicks up). Not much to be improved there. The whole Engine needs some serious refactor unfortunatly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can't confirm what you've said. I don't have the hickups shortly after the new song began, but at e.g. 1:37 or 3:05 or... Many other times...
Then maybe 5 secs before the next song starts or 5 secs before crossfading starts (if enabled). Any other hickup is not backed up by the audo engine but maybe network (well i'm speaking of mp3 for all those issues - other formats might behave different indeed).

But it doesn't matter really because we know that its b0rked Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well, its FLAC and ALAC and ist was not close to the next song and not related to crossfading...
Are these hiccups a short period of no sound and then audio continues normally? If so, I experience this during movies that are not using the passthrough options available to me (AC3 and DTS). These include MP3, AAC, and WMA audio streams. These hiccups only started when I switched from analog to optical for my audio link. Is it safe to assume that optical and HDMI are the only interfaces effected?
Yes, passthrough and half a second or a second without any sound.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback issues with Audio Engline0