[Reloading] Aeon MQ 3
Exclamation 
Dear users, I've been reading some posts and I see that many still use the Aeon MQ 3, in respect to those people I think of update the Aeon MQ 3 Version 2 to Aeon MQ 3 version 3. Nod

In this skin I would do a cleanup in the code and update some things.
I do not promise new features because even now my focus is Aeon MQ 4 and I will soon begin work on Aeon MQ 5 Devil, then what i will do for Aeon MQ 3 is leaving her alive for some time, users deserve it.

To make this possible I need to know exactly how many users still prefer the Aeon MQ 3 instead of Aeon MQ 4 to make sure the job is worth. Working in the code to please a "6 users" is not feasible for me, I hope they understand.

So, please, who is in favor of the idea, leave your mark here, so I'll know if I should work on that.

Best regards.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
hi,

thanks for the hard work. I like and am using mq4. I like everything except the info view. hope mq5 gets at least 2 or 3 options, or at least different layouts of current. I feel its too dark and way too much info.
can the current view be customized? if so, maybe i miss seeing any options for info view.
Awesome!!!!!

As I've said before MQ3 is fast and light, with straight forward options that are easy to set up, and a nice OSD. Please keep this alive.
Hi Marcos, i have tested MQ4 for a month but my plan is to use MQ3 for the near future. Mainly because i dont like some views in MQ4 as full screen music playing layout and that the music list view doesnt show artist and album only album. I also think that there is to much in information and scrolling of text during music playing, maybe most of it could be turned off. I also want to have shutdown, settings and my own menus Radio and youtube in the main menu. I also think that some of the text and information are to small to read on my 40" TV, and prefer a cleaner interface. But Marcos i am really impressed of all your hard work, the MQ series of skins is really great and even if MQ4 is not my cup of tea i am looking forward to MQ5 Smile
(2012-10-14, 06:11)StinDaWg Wrote: Awesome!!!!!

As I've said before MQ3 is fast and light, with straight forward options that are easy to set up, and a nice OSD. Please keep this alive.

I agree this this statement 100% and thats why i still use it. I tried mq4 but it was too much. My wife kept asking why we changed when mq3 was perfect. The only thing I prefer in mq4 is the library update from the main menu and the fact the trailers actually work. Though if there is a mq3 mode in mq4 where all the new features are available but it keep the layout of mq3 then i'm definitely going to make the switch.

Either way thanks for everything you do. I have tried what i feel like is every skin and none of them compare to you work.
I would LOVE it if you can update MQ3... I have shows MQ4 to a LOT of people who are using xbmc and they all think it's a bit too complicated... or at least LOOKS too complicated. Don't forget that not everybody who's using XBMC with MQ3 has configured it themselves. Lots of them have had help from a friend/family member. They are also NOT reading the forums, they just not "techies"... I am sure there are hundreds of people who will love you for keeping MQ3 alive....

As for request what i would like to see in the next version of MQx is exactly that too... a skin that will be updated, and not abandoned the moment it starts to become stable... I don't remember who responded in a different threat but he made a very good point... A new MQ skin was released, took months to iron out the bugs, and few months after that the next version of the skin is released with a new set of bugs (and features....) and the skin that ifnally was fairly stable and smooth is about to be abandoned.....
Maybe it is smarter to not release a new skin every year, but to work with smaller milestones, and work on MQ3.3, MQ3.5, MQ3.6 etc?

just my 2 cents...

besides all this, i wish i had your coding skills, you have done amazing work....
Nod
(2012-10-14, 06:11)StinDaWg Wrote: Awesome!!!!!

Yeah what he said Smile
hi, thanks for your hard work Marcos. I prefer MQ3 instead of MQ4
Kodi 16 - Aeon Madnox skin
HTPC : Core I5 4690K - Nvidia GTX 970 - Nas Synology DS410j - LG Bluray - Windows 10 - x64
I prefer MQ3 because MQ4 crashed two of my pc's!

However, MQ4 is still excellent. I like the trailer loading screen and the new info screens that make use of logo's etc.

MQ3 is the best XBMC skin around though.
(2012-10-13, 17:13)MarcosQui Wrote: I do not promise new features because even now my focus is Aeon MQ 4 and I will soon begin work on Aeon MQ 5 Devil,

Aeon MQ 5! You've only just finished MQ4 what could you possibly add & improve on in MQ5?

Marcos have you thought about making an entirly new skin? I'd love to see what you'd come up as I bet it would be amazing and no disrespect intended better than re-doing the same skin over and over.
(2012-10-17, 14:26)Alz2605 Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 17:13)MarcosQui Wrote: I do not promise new features because even now my focus is Aeon MQ 4 and I will soon begin work on Aeon MQ 5 Devil,

Aeon MQ 5! You've only just finished MQ4 what could you possibly add & improve on in MQ5?

Marcos have you thought about making an entirly new skin? I'd love to see what you'd come up as I bet it would be amazing and no disrespect intended better than re-doing the same skin over and over.

frodo only? maybe
I'm fairly new to using Aeon in general, as I've been using Alaska Revisited for almost two years now (and I would of kept using it if it weren't for it not being updated anymore), so I feel I have a fairly unbiased view when it comes to evaluating MQ3 vs MQ4 for my next replacement skin of choice.

Keep in mind that I'm extremely picky when it comes to skins, and once I find something that meets most of my requirements I tend to stick with it until it's no longer updated / supported for newer XBMC releases.

When I found MQ3, I immediately began looking for deal breaking aspects of the skin so that I could I move on with my search and load up the next skin on my list. To my surprise, it never happened - almost everything about MQ3 seemed to agree with me, even when I was trying my best to be overly critical. MQ3 is simply elegant, fast loading, with an intuitive and easy to use UI that places menus and settings exactly where I would expect them to be. In my opinion, MQ3 is close to being a masterpiece.

Next, I evaluated MQ4. While it shares much of the same look and choices in view modes, I couldn't help but notice that the new top menu feels like it doesn't belong there. On the main menu screen, I much prefer the MQ3 widget type look and behaviour when it comes to showing information such as recently added content. In the library sections the top menu feels even more out of place and its as if I'm trying to fight the menu to dig into each drop down selection to find what I'm looking for, not to mention that it has the look and feel of a standard drop down menu that you'd expect to find in a typical desktop application rather than a stylish media center UI.

My other issue is with the new bottom menu, one of the first things I tried to do was to find a way to prevent other people from accessing it from the main menu screen - I use it as a service menu and the only way I want to be able to access it is by pressing a specific button on my remote that brings up the shutdown menu. Also, while I thought it was neat to be able to customize the skin from the main menu, it's really only something I do once and rarely touch again. Using the regular skins menu for a lot of these advanced options just seems to make more sense as you're less limited as to what settings you can put in there and also because that's where most users are expecting to find them anyway.

TL;DR version:

MQ3 is awesome and is my new skin of choice for the foreseeable future. I realize that it's probably more exciting to try new ideas and variations on the Aeon theme rather than maintaining something you've already worked on for months at a time, but you really have something great on your hands here and from the looks of it there are quite a few people who would appreciate any kind of continued support that you can offer for it.

Thanks!
Everyone in my household prefers MQ3 but they do love the Allinone script of MQ4. Especially the In Progress feature. If you can somehow integrate In Progress and being able to choose Random for Movies and Recently added for TV Shows then MQ3 would be the perfect skin for all the complainers in my family Big Grin
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2012-10-13, 17:13)MarcosQui Wrote: I do not promise new features because even now my focus is Aeon MQ 4 and I will soon begin work on Aeon MQ 5 Devil, then what i will do for Aeon MQ 3 is leaving her alive for some time, users deserve it.

Best regards.

Hi Marcos

I'm a Aeon MQ fan. I love MQ3 and I'm starting to make peace with MQ4 Big Grin At the beginning I felt some changes "too radical", and I think I'll never really like the top menu bar on the main screen, but at the end I'm using MQ4, mainly because I love to play with new stuff, and I'm wondering about the future compatibility of Aeon MQ3 with Frodo

I know that to develop something new and try new stuff is amazing. But please, hear your fans. Is it really better to develop a completely new skin each time? Wouldn't be better to make incremental changes, and let users select their preferred layout? (sorry if I'm proposing something stupid here, I have no idea of Skin development).

In any case, having you talking about MQ5 scares me... I feel like MQ3 didn't live enough to reach its full potential, and now I wonder if the same will happen to MQ4...

Just my 2 cents. But of course, you should do whatever fulfills you as a person/creator. In any case we'll be happy and grateful of having the chance of enjoying your creations.

Thanks for sharing your work with us

Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Reloading] Aeon MQ 33