Multiple tvshow db entries for same show on different sources
It seems multiple tvshow db entries are created if the same tvshow is spread across multiple sources.

1) Could I get confirmation it is not a problem on my side
2) Is it supposed to be so? Looks like CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowId is trying to get the show id by path, so I assume if the same show shows up on a different path, it could indeed lead to a new show entry being created, which seems like a bug to me...
IIRC this is not a bug but necessary for the video info scanner. We e.g. do a call to CVideoDatabase::Stack() at the end of CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowsByWhere() to combine identical tvshows with different paths. But jmarshall will be able to provide more details on this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok.
I might have an issue in JSON related to this with "lastplayed" picking up only one of the thshow instance...
The problem is that there's reliance from the tvshow on path. Thus, atm we can get dupe'd tvshows with multiple paths. They're supposed to be seamless as we stack them down on the database fetch, but in some areas they aren't.

The ideal, ofcourse, is for the tvshow connection to path being done by a link table, so that there's only a single tvshow entry, and multiple path entries (we'd then just link back to the first path, which is how it works now anyway). The potential problem with this is if two shows are named similarly (but are in different paths), and happen to scan to the same item due to slightly inaccurate lookup on thetvdb.com (eg it might be the Life documentary from the BBC vs Life the show), correcting that later could be difficult. This may already be a problem now though...

Certainly if you could do some investigation that'd be great - a sample filesystem that clearly shows the issue would be a great place to start.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not sure what you mean by a "sample filesystem".
Would a "stripped-to-the-point" videodb export (I'm using mysql) help?
Re innacurate lookups, wouldn't a rescan at the fs folder level be able to resolve them, possibly forcing it with a tvshow.nfo?
I've created a PR for the specific issue of "lastplayed": https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1645

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple tvshow db entries for same show on different sources0