Help! taking to long to start playing
Hi,

I have an Appletv2 that when I select a movie for playing from the movies section (cover art ) it takes like 3 minutes to start playing. This does not happen with my Apple TV 1st gen nor when I select the movie navigating from the files section. After it starts playing, if I go back and then select it, it would start right away however if I select a different movie, then I would have to wait the 3 minutes again. I have over 150 movies in a external drive attach to my mac mini, both (mac mini and Apple TV) are with wired ethernet. Would appreciate very much your help.
Can you get a debug log (see iOS XBMC.log (wiki)) of when you try to play a movie and it takes this long? That will give us some hints on what is going on, because that is certainly abnormal.
Thank you Ned, where do I find this log? I can browse my ATV through appletalk and ssh, where is this log located?
Sorry Ned, My bad, I found the log file, here is it:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11166

edit by memphiz: next time read the link we provide you. Don't paste logs directly into the forum as it clutters the view.
So
1. post only full logs - you logs was cut and is missing the header.
2. You didn't turn on the debug option in xbmc settings so the log doesn't show the debug log messages
3. Your problem is related to the afp share which doesn't seem to be available:

Code:
19:34:46 T:156213248 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, afp://10.0.0.222:548/Flickss/The Adjustment Bureau (2011) DVDRip XviD-MAXSPEED/The Adjustment Bureau (2011) DVDRip XviD-MAXSPEED http://www.torentz.3xforum.ro.avi
19:36:09 T:136019968 ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Could not connect, never got a response to getstatus, Operation timed out
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you. I understand that there is an issue with afp trying to connect. However in my atv1 I don't have that issue, both atv shares were added by zeroconfing feature, is there a bug with zeroconfig and afp?. Once it connects with that particular movie, the issue does not happen again until a restart is produce. Do you think the I need to re-add the shares? SMB?.

Thanks for your recommendation,
Avoid afp if you can as stated in our wiki.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The strange thing is that this only happens when I select in the movies folder (the one with the tumbril art), it does not happens when I select the movie in files and then navigate the folders.
The AFP library that we use has a bunch of bugs in it, but the author of the library is no longer working on it, so we don't have a source for updates (and it would be saner to replace the entire library with a new AFP lib than to try to fix the existing one). It has a lot of these weird "sometimes works, sometimes doesn't" situations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! taking to long to start playing0