Changing channels = buffering
(2012-11-07, 08:21)sub3 Wrote: Thanks - though I found I cant tell from that log. Can you also post your NextPVR web.log file?

OK -- I'll pull my logs tonight and post 'em.
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
(2012-11-07, 08:47)FernetMenta Wrote: sub3, sounds like the demuxer is not able to get properties of video stream (no SPS). Do you send an I frame as first packet after a channel change?
No, I don't.

Currently the NextPVR addon is not demuxing the stream. It leaves this up to XBMC. The transport stream it's delivering XBMC will always start with the PAT then PMT then whatever transport stream data comes from that channel in the broadcast.

Should I be making sure it starting with an I-frame? What will that cause XBMC to do differently in regards to timeshift? To me it just sounds like its working for jkrellner, but just wont let him pause etc. The most logical reason for this seems to be that he didn't install the NShared.dll patch in NextPVR to enable timeshift, so the addon has fallen back to non-timeshift mode.
sub3, I was referring to title of this thread. The player in XBMC assumes that all streams are ready when starting playback. This includes that SPS for video was be parsed. Streams which are not ready can't be opened. This is why we notify the player about stream changes, e.g. additional audio or subtitle stream, in pvr demuxer. This notification triggers a re-open of default streams.

Not sure if this is related because I have not seen a XBMC debug log for this case.

EDIT:
Quote:Should I be making sure it starting with an I-frame?

I think we have set a max size of bytes ffmpeg tries to parse for getting the info. Video codec can't get started anyway without an I frame, so I think it makes sense.
Quote:I think we have set a max size of bytes ffmpeg tries to parse for getting the info. Video codec can't get started anyway without an I frame, so I think it makes sense.
OK, thanks - I'll experiment.

I suspect the original poster's problem was something else, since it seems to have come right when then updated to the current build of the addon.
(2012-11-07, 18:05)sub3 Wrote: Should I be making sure it starting with an I-frame? What will that cause XBMC to do differently in regards to timeshift? To me it just sounds like its working for jkrellner, but just wont let him pause etc. The most logical reason for this seems to be that he didn't install the NShared.dll patch in NextPVR to enable timeshift, so the addon has fallen back to non-timeshift mode.

I installed NPVR, played with it some. I then installed the XBMC addon, but I saw the notes about the Nshared.dll patch. I can't remember if I used the addon, or enabled timeshifting before or after applying the patch. Not sure if that matters.

I actually applied (or at least tried to apply) all the patches here:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...arted-info

I followed the steps posted there -- closed NextPVR, executed "Stop NPVR Service", moved files over, then did a full reboot. After that, I toggled the timeshift setting, started a LiveTV stream and tried to pause it, to no avail.

Like I said, I'll post my NPVR logs tonight. But can I try reapplying the patches? Maybe they didn't "take"?
Yep, sound like you've installed it correctly. I should be able to tell from the web.log though.
Here's a link to the web.logs:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=BD...35184!1768
Sorry, another request... can you restart the client and server, then do just a short test to watch live tv and pause, then repost the those logs?

The logs that you posted has three files full of streaming information, but not the start up messages I'd hoped to see.
(2012-11-08, 07:09)sub3 Wrote: Sorry, another request... can you restart the client and server, then do just a short test to watch live tv and pause, then repost the those logs?

The logs that you posted has three files full of streaming information, but not the start up messages I'd hoped to see.

Sure, absolutely. I'll do this tonight.
New logs posted to my SkyDrive.

Still a bunch of files, not sure why. All I did was reboot the server, then went to XBMC and played a LiveTV stream, trying to pause and FF/RW.

When I hit the left and right arrows, it switched channel groups. That seemed weird. It seems like TimeShift isn't enabled for some reason, despite me doing everything to get it working.
For the record, XBMC's timeshifting doesn't support the left/right keys for skipping. I think it's limited to pause/rewind/fastforward - using the OSD mouse buttons are probably the best bet until you're happy it's working.

That said, from your logs, it appears you don't have the nshared.dll installed. You may also need to put it in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\Bin (as well as C:\Program Files\NPVR).
(2012-11-09, 05:14)sub3 Wrote: For the record, XBMC's timeshifting doesn't support the left/right keys for skipping. I think it's limited to pause/rewind/fastforward - using the OSD mouse buttons are probably the best bet until you're happy it's working.

That said, from your logs, it appears you don't have the nshared.dll installed. You may also need to put it in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\Bin (as well as C:\Program Files\NPVR).

OK. I will reinstall the patch, and try putting it in both places. Thanks for taking the time to verify.
OK, so I reinstalled all the 2.5.9 patches (including placing Nshared.dll in the other directory as well), toggled the timeshift mode, and still no dice. The pause, FF and RW buttons on the OSD are grayed out.

In fact, since I'd applied the patch before, the files were all the same sizes, etc.

For some reason the patch isn't working even though I've applied it. Any last ideas before I just throw the towel in?
I wouldn't be so quick to throw in the towel. Sub is a great dev and more than willing to help folks work through the process of squashing the bugs.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-11-10, 04:59)bry- Wrote: I wouldn't be so quick to throw in the towel. Sub is a great dev and more than willing to help folks work through the process of squashing the bugs.

I hear ya. I'll try anything... just not sure what could be wrong since the patched files are in place. By "throw in the towel" I mean I'll keep using NextPVR and the addon, just without timeshift -- which is more of a luxury than a need.

BTW, I'm also experiencing the buffering issue when trying to change channels without stopping, going back into the GUI and selecting a new channel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing channels = buffering0