weather location not working
Has anyone had setting up their location on the android version? I can see my location but it shows up blank after i click on it.
Android Release Candidate 2
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Phone (Android 4.0.4)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 Tablet (Android 4.0.4)

Weather location is set to Embsay. I can edit the location, but the location is not saved. Locations page shows three blank entries.
If I back out and come back to weather settings, Embsay shows again!

Same results with Confluence or Touched skins.

I can confirm that I have the same problem, can't seem to get the weather location to set properly.

Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android 4.1.1 running xbmc-12.0-Frodo_rc2-armeabi-v7a.apk

This isn't a real problem for me but worth noting.
please create a ticket on trac and cc me.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Try this manual method:

1. Go to http://aspnetresources.com/tools/weatherIdResolver
2. Enter your location of choice and search
3. Note the 8-digit location ID
4. Go to your XBMC weather settings
5. Click on the "Advanced options" tab at the top
6. Enter your Location display name, Click Done
7. Enter the Location ID found on step 3, Click Done
8. Click OK and return to your weather app

This worked on a tablet for me.

Note: If you are using multiple locations, you may have to tap open the side bar and choose a different location.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13913
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks redsticks - tried your method, but it didn't work. After making the changes I went to the Weather screen and a message popped up telling me there was a Weather Underground error.

Thanks ronie - I had started to read up on how to submit to trac, but your timely expertise saved me from probably getting it wrong!

I can confirm that having updated to Release Candidate 3, and having updated my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet to the official UK Jelly Bean 4.1.1 that the problem still exists.
This can be related to an error setting the locales on the latest Android builds. Many python scripts fail because of things like date formatting because the locale is missing from XBMC.
Alpha 1 Feb build works ok.
Latest builds default to not having a built-in weather add-on. There's some adjustments that are being done to make it all work nicely, so it might be a few days/weeks before that's worked out.

The reason being is that the weather providers got mad at how much XBMC weather traffic there is, so it's now opt-in :)
Was this fixed?
not as far as i know.
For others here,

check on the git history, and download version 1.0 of the underground weather plugin, it will work.

to make sure it won't get "updated" to the currently broken version (2.x), edit the XML and set version to something high (like 9.9).
eh? version 2.x is not broken at all.

the only thing is it won't work on xbmc eden installs.
I am running alpha10 on Android and Linux (ARM) and is not working.
Maybe I have a funky location, but I don't get the temps or anything...
Just came across this thread as I ran into the setSetting() issue with my own addon Sad

Seeing as it hasn't been fixed yet is anyone here aware of a workaround?
I basically need to change a specific setting in my addon via Python code.

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weather location not working0