Season TBNs ignored
Finally having some success with scanning my collection. I already had set up season tbns supposedly the way xbmc likes them, at the top level of each tv show folder, labeled season01.tbn etc. yet no sign of them when I look through the season folders after the show has been scanned into my library. I can right click on the folder, choose artwork, then browse to my tbn in the folder, this is a royal pain taking about 10 clicks to do for every single season folder in my collection. Is there an easier way to do this? Why doesn't xbmc see them? Thanks.
Since you dont have a xbmc version posted Im going to have a guess and say your using recent xbmc and that .tbn support has been permanently removed IIRC.

I cant be sure if that entirely correct but I remember reading it in more that one topic.

uNi
Yes, latest build. So do they all need to be changed to .jpg now, or my xbmc downgraded?
(2012-11-11, 21:58)MacGuffin Wrote: Yes, latest build. So do they all need to be changed to .jpg now, or my xbmc downgraded?

yep
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok thanks I'll see if that helps.
Yes, whilst .tbn support is being phased out, it still works.

seasonXX.tbn will still be read just fine. Note that there was a bug that was fixed yesterday or the day before that meant that if you had no scraped season thumbs (e.g. were relying purely on local data via a full .nfo that didn't have season art urls in it) then no season thumbs would be read.

So make sure you're using latest + greatest.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I changed them all from .tbns to .jpgs, now nothing is showing up. what now?
Follow what Martijn and I suggested to the letter and all will work. We're assuming you're running the latest nightly at this point - if it's Alpha7 then there was a bug as I suggested in my post earlier.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

well not working for me with the images I already have. Have updated again to latest nightly, none of my thumbnails are working which I changed all to jpg, season folder thumbnails or individual episode thumbnails I have on my drive are not showing up. they are labeled season01.jpg for seasons, and the episode jpgs match the titles. On the episodes and seasons thumbnails that I was missing xbmc apparently downloaded them into it's cache, so it doesn't like using the ones I already have.
(2012-11-11, 21:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 21:58)MacGuffin Wrote: Yes, latest build. So do they all need to be changed to .jpg now, or my xbmc downgraded?

yep
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-12, 10:40)jmarshall Wrote: When you updated you got prompted to rescan art. Do it and everything is well.

Big Grin

uNi
so they now need to be called season01-poster.jpg instead of just season01.jpg? How about the jpgs that are associated with individual episodes, they are not showing up either, do they need a -poster label on the end?
(2012-11-12, 11:30)uNiversal Wrote:
(2012-11-12, 10:40)jmarshall Wrote: When you updated you got prompted to rescan art. Do it and everything is well.

Big Grin

uNi

I wasn't prompted to do this. I don't see this option anywhere. Seems to be the only way I get new thumbnails for episodes is to delete the matching ones I already have.
Then you don't have the latest nightly. Check whether you have a v72 video database.

And yes, season01.jpg is not and will not ever be read.

season01.tbn is read, for backward compatibility purposes. Else season01-poster.jpg (for posters) and season01-banner.jpg (for banners) and season01-fanart.jpg (for ... fanart)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season TBNs ignored0