Separate Watch Status
The short and simple question is, how can I get separate watch statues for each user?

The only answer I know of so far is to create multiple xbmc users. Having each user sign in when they use xbmc so that their account keeps track of their watch status.

The one problem with that solution is if both users watch the same show together and are logged in to only of the profiles, one profile will be missing the watched flag. The second problem is having multiple users means the need to have multiple databases when using mysql. Which means each database needs to be kept up to date.

Now keeping the databases up to date may be less of a problem if the minifed xbmc works, I haven't tried it yet though.

Personally I would prefer a solution that would just ask "who watched this" at the end of episode and mark each episode with multiple different coloured check marks, user 1 is blue, user 2 is red, therefore removing the need to use xbmc's user accounts for the sole purpose of having separate watch status. From what I have read there would have to be a change in the way in the way xbmc stores the watch flag in the database for separate watch status. Which I would assume that would be a very big undertaking.

For the time being is there any idea on how to have separate watched statuses to be achieved in the mean time?

I've seen Quick sync which may be usefully.
There seems to be work to change the database to allow separate watch status here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only thing I came up with is the possibly of using an add-on like trakt utilities or traktr could be used. I was going to post this in the traktr thread but I wasn't sure if it was even worth being posted there yet. Same general idea with the pop up at the end but syncing to trakt.
The idea being, when an episode is done a dialog box pops up asking who has watched this episode. User 1 or User 2 or both. Or if it was to support more users then a check box beside all available users with a submit button at the bottom.

This of course would require the add-on to have multiple account login details saved in the add-ons settings.

This is how it would function:

Living room:
User 1 logs in and watches a few episodes, each time being asked who watched the episode. Each time picking user 1 which scrobbles to the corresponding account on trakt. User 2 sits down and watches a few episodes with user 1, after each episode the pop is answered with "both watched this episode" and now user 1's account on trakt scrobbles/syncs and user 2's account on trakt scrobbles only.

Bedroom/Office:
Later on user 1 goes to the bedroom and user 2 to goes to the office, both logging on to their respective profiles in xbmc, Trakt will sync with those profiles and each profile will have episodes that were watched properly marked.

This will require, multiple account details to be stored in the add-on settings, a setting to disable/enable the pop up at the end of an episode and which account you want the current xbmc user to be used as the "master" for that xbmc user. Master account will sync with trakt but all slave accounts will just be sent a scrobble.
i dont know how you control your media centers (keyboard ir remot etc..) but maybe you can program a button to either toggle between profiles, or switch to profile # that way the user can do that before they start watching, and dont have to answer a question after every show.

i agree, the profile/watched system needs a revamp, but i havnt really seen any good options and it seems to be getting worked over in newer versions.. but maybe your on to something with the addon. maybe we could put together an addon that keeps track of the watched statuses and somehow insert them into skins, and allows us to flip through profiles using either controller button input or a web/json request.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate Watch Status0