XBMC and uPNP shared library. No srt subs?
I just tried uPNP today. Different machines. OpenELEC 2.0, Frodo beta1 on Android and Frodo beta1 on windows7. Worked great, except "watched" and starting points and all that. But also the sub files I had in the same folder as the mkv that works on the server, they didn't work ok the client.

Should they work? Can I make it work?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
According to this thread, this capability existed at one time, but no longer does: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134280
This is being investigated.
Hi,

I try also the UPnP sharing and it's a big good news. This is working fine for now and the demo on youtube let expect it to be better (with the UPnP share to be "like" a local library and not only visible as a folder.

But I was expecting this for subtitles. Subtitles are not part of the standard of UPnP or DLNA. When I was using mediatomb, have to use a transcoding act just for put the subtitles incrusted in video. PMS whatever is exporting the .srt too (as the Sony hardware like it, but on this point -and many- they are not compliant with the standard)

So I think there is 2 questions : is XBMC exporting the srt when acting as a server ? is XBMC able to use a srt as a separate file on UPnP share as client ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and uPNP shared library. No srt subs? 0