Win How to do a fresh xbmc (eden) install keeping user setting from the last install
Hey,Guys

So for some reasons my airplay stopped working on xbmc via iphone4 and ipad (it was working few days back fine), I already tried uninstalling itunes/bonjour service and reinstalling but did not help (airplay icon does show up in my iphone/ipad and I am able to select xbmc but nothing happens)..anyways given two device giving same problem with xbmc I figured it might be xbmc issue so I want to do a fresh install however i have customized my xbmc heavily (with aeon nox skin) and want to keep all the skin changes and etc ..is there any way to accomplish that?

I read some where that in windows one could save XBMC folder in (apps/roaming/xbmc) and then uninstall and fresh install xbmc and replace the xbmc folder with the old one..would it work?

Help and response would be greatly appreciated!!

Or if there is simple way to fix airplay issue it would be more welcomed (airplay does not work with any app youtube, native music app and others..it used to work for me fine both audio and video in past, I had airvideo enabler app on iphone/ipad from cydia...which removed 3rd part restriction
can any of experts please answer, is there any way to do fresh xbmc install with saving all the user setting and data ?..

Thanks
Quote:I read some where that in windows one could save XBMC folder in (apps/roaming/xbmc) and then uninstall and fresh install xbmc and replace the xbmc folder with the old one..would it work?
It should work but may not solve your issue. Another way of doing almost the same thing would be to rename XBMC to XBMC-old and the same for the file in roaming XBMC to XBMC-old, re-install from scratch. Rename.....of the roaming files and see if the problems resolves (I doubt it)...install your skin. now you're the slueth tracking which files are the villains. User data file contains all your settings and library.
Thanks will give it a try..if not I guess would install xbmc from scratch as Air-play is very important to me and If I have to setup all the skin again I am willing to do it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to do a fresh xbmc (eden) install keeping user setting from the last install1