Simplify XBMC configurations......
Hi bluray! very thanks for your last advice!

i've read this:

"HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables, select HDMI audio output and Audio output device "WASAPI" in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output (mainly for bitstreaming HD audio to AVR for decoding)"

Why if i have HTPC + AVR + HDTV you advice to use 2 hdmi cable?
it's intersting but my nvidia MSI 660ti PE have only 1 hdmi out!

what's wrong with single hdmi cable? or 2 cable it's only a better solution?
Htpc: i5 2500k / ssd / 8gb @1866 / gtx 660 ti / liquid cooled / W8.1 + XBMC 13.2 Gotham Total storage about 8 TB Projector Benq W1070 AVR Onkyo 929 Front Definition DF-8 Center Definition CD-5 Surround Definition DX-5 SW SVS PB1000 Other: Ps3 / Chromecast / iphone as remote

www.stefanodangelo.altervista.org
He means single cable between HTPC/AVR, then another single cable from AVR/TV - 2 Cables, just badly expressed - I hope.
(2014-04-10, 15:47)steelman1991 Wrote: He means single cable between HTPC/AVR, then another single cable from AVR/TV - 2 Cables, just badly expressed - I hope.

ok it's clear, avr can't use 2 hdmi-in at same time! but why? if i use hdmi direct to HdTV and another to avr, i lost all versatility of this type of product.
An example if i wanna play with ps3, i need to change avr source and hdtv source, else with single cable i need to change only avr source.
This is not a big problem but i prefer semplicity ever!

I can get this solution but only if give me big advantage because actually my htpc has only one hdmi out!
Htpc: i5 2500k / ssd / 8gb @1866 / gtx 660 ti / liquid cooled / W8.1 + XBMC 13.2 Gotham Total storage about 8 TB Projector Benq W1070 AVR Onkyo 929 Front Definition DF-8 Center Definition CD-5 Surround Definition DX-5 SW SVS PB1000 Other: Ps3 / Chromecast / iphone as remote

(2014-04-10, 16:16)Gotham Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 15:47)steelman1991 Wrote: He means single cable between HTPC/AVR, then another single cable from AVR/TV - 2 Cables, just badly expressed - I hope.

ok it's clear, avr can't use 2 hdmi-in at same time! but why? if i use hdmi direct to HdTV and another to avr, i lost all versatility of this type of product.
An example if i wanna play with ps3, i need to change avr source and hdtv source, else with single cable i need to change only avr source.
This is not a big problem but i prefer semplicity ever!

I can get this solution but only if give me big advantage because actually my htpc has only one hdmi out!

2 Cable is one from HTPC to AVR and one from AVR to TV (This HDMI cable is used by all the different INPUTS on AVR).

1 Cable is from HTPC to TV for those without an AVR.
(2014-04-10, 14:16)Gotham Wrote: Hi bluray! very thanks for your last advice!

i've read this:

"HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables, select HDMI audio output and Audio output device "WASAPI" in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output (mainly for bitstreaming HD audio to AVR for decoding)"

Why if i have HTPC + AVR + HDTV you advice to use 2 hdmi cable?
it's intersting but my nvidia MSI 660ti PE have only 1 hdmi out!

what's wrong with single hdmi cable? or 2 cable it's only a better solution?
If you look at your connections carefully, you will see that you are using two HDMI cables. One HDMI cable is between HTPC and AVR and another HDMI cable is between AVR and HDTV. If you want to bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD to your AVR for decoding using XBMC, you have to use 2 HDMI cables to connect HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV. To get better video quality with newer HDTV, you have to use HDMI cable between AVR and HDTV....

I don't think that it is badly expressed. It is very clear. Two HDMI cables have to be used to connect HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV for bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD using XBMC....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
LOL surprise, surprise, but then we don't all have your level of comprehension. If it wasn't badly expressed then the question wouldn't have been asked.
Here, let me really help confuse us all with this food for thought:

Currently I use,
1 cable from HTPC (HDMI 1 output) to AVR (input 1)
2nd cable from AVR (output 1) to HDTV (HDMI/DVI 1 with input name edited to 'PC' so that 3D Checkerboard @60Hz mode is enabled) This is for 3Diso only.
3rd cable from AVR (output 2) to HDTV (HDMI 2) This is for 24Hz 23.967fps 2D XBMC playback and all other AVR HDMI inputs such as Cable TV.
4th cable from HTPC (HDMI 2 output) to PC monitor.
This requires a GPU with at least 2 HDMI outputs. I use a GTX 650TI which has 4. It also requires an AVR with 2 outputs. I use a TR-NR616.

I've read that some prefer to bypass the AVR to keep the video signal cleaner and just go direct into the HDTV with 1 cable and use a 2nd into the AVR for the audio.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
brazen1- it make sense to me, and nothing confusing about that!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-04-10, 18:47)bluray Wrote: If you look at your connections carefully, you will see that you are using two HDMI cables. One HDMI cable is between HTPC and AVR and another HDMI cable is between AVR and HDTV. If you want to bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD to your AVR for decoding using XBMC, you have to use 2 HDMI cables to connect HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV. To get better video quality with newer HDTV, you have to use HDMI cable between AVR and HDTV....

great! HTPC -HDMI-> AVR (passthrough) -> Projector!
before i misunderstood your post!

thankyou!

i got intel hd 520. do i need to this instruction or not?

which kodi do i install? 16 or 17?
@rickyman: It may have been better to post a new thread and not dig one out from two years ago. Smile

Install the latest 16.1 as you know that is the latest and best tried and tested edition.

Make sure your drivers are up to date in Windows and you shouldn't have to do much other tweaking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplify XBMC configurations......2