Fastest backend on which OS?
Hey guys,

since the poor performance and stability of MediaPortal is really annoying me, I tried XMBC today. I am really impressed, it feels very smooth and stable so far.
The only disadvantage seems to be the TV part. I tried MediaPortal as backend, which seems to achieve a decent image quality but needs about 4 seconds for a channel switch.
DVBViewer was not much faster while additionally lacking support of deinterlacing.

Can someone give me a recommendation for a fast backend for XMBC? It doesn't matter whether it runs on Windows or Linux, it just has to be fast. Permanent TimeShift (like in MediaPortal) would be nice, but I can go without it. Wink

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
fabs
You get fastest channel switching with TVheadend and VDR (VNSI). They use a protocol which is optimized for LiveTV in XBMC. Both don't support timeshift atm but it's under development.
Thanks for the fast reply. I will give it a try. Wink Are there any plans to create an official XBMC TV server?
Considering it took four years for just the PVR frontend to come out for XBMC... probably not ;)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fastest backend on which OS?0