Bluray
Hi - I'm wondering if I will be able to play original bluray with the latest version for linux. I've bought a bunch of blurays but it seems they cannot be played unless I get them ripped to a MKV format.
Could you help on this?

Thank you,
Daniele
(2012-11-30, 00:59)dbuonaiuto Wrote: Hi - I'm wondering if I will be able to play original bluray with the latest version for linux. I've bought a bunch of blurays but it seems they cannot be played unless I get them ripped to a MKV format.
Could you help on this?

Thank you,
Daniele

Extracting just the movie is how most do it, although you can create an image of the disc. You obviously need a bluray drive as well as these apps...

AnyDVD HD (Essential)
BD info (Optional - Analysis's disk and helps pick the desired stream)
tsMuxeR (Extracts movie into .TS / .M2TS)

I am hesitant to offer links and instructions because I think it might violate the XBMC piracy policy, good luck.
(2012-11-30, 00:59)dbuonaiuto Wrote: Hi - I'm wondering if I will be able to play original bluray with the latest version for linux. I've bought a bunch of blurays but it seems they cannot be played unless I get them ripped to a MKV format.
Could you help on this?

Thank you,
Daniele

The basics are that Blurays are encrypted, you can't just play them on any platform. There is very little software available legally able to play Blurays on PCs, and that is only on windows. This is because those companies pay licensing fees to be able to include the decryption keys in their software and due to the open platform of linux, it's not really viable for that OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray0