XBMCbuntu Frodo beta1, Mysql shared library thumbnail cache not syncing

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
tret Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Aug 2008
Reputation: 1
Post: #1
Hi all,

According to the wiki, as of Frodo, it's no longer necessary to centralize, share and use path substitution for the posters, fanarts, etc. when using a centralized mysql library. See link below. I have 2x htpc w/ a shared msql library which is working properly however the fanart, posters, etc. aren't syncing as the wiki describes. I'm looking for confirmation that this feature is live in Frodo beta1 and any help troubleshooting this.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...and_fanart


Details:
- Mysql library hosted on ubuntu server, previously used w/ 2x htpc's running XBMCbuntu Eden
- advancedsettings.xml entry:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>sqldb</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

- Movies and TV Shows libraries are working (Movie/Show title, info, watched/unwatched flag, etc.) on both htpc's
- In an attempt to fix this, I removed the "set content" setting for both my Movies & TV shows sources. This left the Video Library empty. I then re-added both and on the main htpc all Movies/TV shows have good posters, fanart, etc. while the second htpc does not. Initially, the second htpc prompted me to "update video library cache" which I selected "Yes" for. There was a progress indicator that flew through Movies, TV Shows, actors, etc. however upon completion there are still no Fanart, Posters, Actor thumbs, etc. only captured thumbnails from the video files themselves.


Please help!

Rob
find quote
tret Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Aug 2008
Reputation: 1
Post: #2
Fixed:

When upgrading from "Eden" to "Frodo" I didn't consider that the sql database structure of the video database itself may have changed and just "plugged in" to the existing database created by "Eden".

Here's what I did to resolve the issue:

1. Using mysql, I "dropped" (effectively deleted) the old "Eden" databases
2. I booted my main htpc running Frodo beta 1 and re-setup my TV Show and Movies databases
Note: Interestingly, 2x sql databases were created whereas in "Eden" there was 1x database shared for both TV Shows and Movies
3. I booted the secondary htpc running Frodo beta 1 and Bingo... Almost... The TV shows database was there however the Movies database was not
4. I added both sql databases as <videodatabase> entries in advancedsettings.xml using the <name> tag to specify them, see below. This did the trick. Both TV Shows and Movies working/synced on both Frodo HTPC's. Fanart/Posters/etc. synced as well.

Code:
<videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <name>MyVideos72</name>
    <host>sqldb</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <name>MyVideos73</name>
    <host>sqldb</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>

Rob
(This post was last modified: 2012-12-02 00:29 by tret.)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
Posts: 20,877
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 274
Location: Arizona, USA
Post: #3
Using MyVideos73 like that in the name will actually result in XBMC using "MyVideos7373". XBMC automatically adds the DB version number. Also, your example has two <videodatabase> entries. I suspect what actually worked was that in defining a name you forced XBMC to start completely fresh on the video DB. There might have been an issue when XBMC tried to update the older library copies.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
tret Offline
Senior Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Aug 2008
Reputation: 1
Post: #4
Thanks for clearing that up Ned. Can you confirm if Movies and TV Shows now create separate SQL databases? Whenever I "set content" for my TV and Movie sources in the past, they would be part of the same MyVideosxx SQL database on the MySQL server. When I did the same (after deleting the old libraries) after upgrading to Frodo Beta 1, I ended up w/ 2x video libraries on the MySQL server. MyVideos72 & MyVideos73.

Rob
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
Posts: 20,877
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 274
Location: Arizona, USA
Post: #5
Movies and TV shows should be under one DB. Whenever XBMC needs to update the video DB structure, it makes a copy of the old DB and then updates that copy, leaving the original behind as a backup.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote