New HTPC Build, few q's
I am putting together an HTPC for my in-laws, and plan on using this mobo/apu with 4gb ram and a 5400rpm sata III hdd. I am trying to make this as simple as possible for them, and would like a remote such as this. I have read in many areas that the integrated graphics in this chipset will be able to playback 1080p without problems. I'm wondering if there are any issues I should know about with this hardware and the eden live release? The video will be sent through a receiver via the vga port, with audio using an RCA adapter from the 3.5mm audio port. Eventually HDMI will be used instead, once I can convince them that they need a new receiver Angel . Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Sounds like a rather antiquated receiver Smile The E350 I consider to be bare minimum for 1080p really. It's definitely capable of XBMC w/1080p high bitrate and is very cheap. In fact I just rebuilt my E350 for my basement and watched a 1080p mkv last night over the network without a hitch using that exact remote you linked.

Just don't expect wonders from it, nor would I stray from a lean xbmc skin, it's quite slow at navigation and thumbs. Especially using a 5400rpm hdd instead of an SSD.
I have e450 and should say that there is some lag when navigating in the video library (speaking for a lightweight skin like confluence). Also SATA III and HDDs are some strange combo - only fast SSD can take advantage of the speeds SATA III supports.
Malosar,

Thanks for your input! I think I will look for a different mobo/cpu then, I'd like this to feel snappy and have no issues. Any recommendation?
Well it depends on your budget really. I'd personally recommend at least an A6 AMD or a G630 Intel processor, matched with a cheap board suitable for the case you want. I have an A6-3650 as my main HTPC in the living room and it's very snappy in XBMC, even on heavy skins. I have an M4 SSD as well which helps for thumb retrieval.
Ok great, is there any reason to choose amd over intel as far as compatibility with xbmc live goes? I am generally an intel fan, might end up with a celeron g530 instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC Build, few q's0