Is there an iPhone APP that can display/select ATV media?
Don't know if this is _where_ it should be posted, but I'll give it a shot.

There seems to be an APP for everything and maybe I missed this because of the million APPs LOL. Rather than having to be looking at either my networked Mac or watching my TV and flipping on the ATV and searching... is there any kind of APP that could sync with your ATV and its media library? IOW, I could be sitting at Starbucks having an Americano and my wife asks me if we have a particular movie on the ATV. Normally, I'd write that down and go look at the mac when I got home.

Ideally, I touch a iMedia or iStream icon on my iPhone and I get some choices; search by entering the name of the movie, or scroll through a list... maybe even with fanart and some other details. Better yet, I could be sitting in front of my TV and I select a movie from the APP and say play, and it initiates whatever commands are need to put the movie on the screen, and gives me ATV remote functions to boot. I would assume that all I'd have to do is sync my iPhone and if I have added or removed movies the database would update.

So am I crazy, or am I missing something that does all/most of this already, or is this a decent idea? BTW, I'm using a Gen1 ATV with a USB media drive connected to my iMac. I'm running Crystalbuntu via USB stick in the ATV.

Mike
http://Trakt.tv (installs on XBMC as an add-on, and also has an iOS app) or using one of the web interface (wiki) add-ons that list movies (via VPN or forward the web port if you're brave) should work.
Hey Ned...

You ARE the all-knowing LOL. I'm going to give Trakt a shot, see if thats what I'm looking for. Not 100% sure about web interfaces.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an iPhone APP that can display/select ATV media?0