XBMC installation package for SYNOLOGY ?
I'm trying to install XBMC on my SYNOLOGY nas ( ARM processor, PYTHON and MYSQL installed)
Is there an installation package for SYNOLOGY (like PLEX and SERVIIO propose) or does someone has made an explanation on how to install XBMC on a SYNOLOGY? I would like to have my movies directly on my connected TV trough an XBMC UPnP server working on my SYNOLOGY ...so I coul have all my movies classified by genre, title, year, etc withou to have a computer running
If something could help me it will be very very kind....
Welcome to Forums.

In two words.

You cant.

in one word.

Impossible.

I could be wrong and if I am, please feel free to add correct information anyone.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124283

uNi
(2012-12-09, 19:30)uNiversal Wrote: Welcome to Forums.

In two words.

You cant.

in one word.

Impossible.

I could be wrong and if I am, please feel free to add correct information anyone.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124283

uNi

Why is it impossible to install XBMC on a SYNOLOGY ??

Similar products : PLEX and with SERVIIO propose full installation package for most of the NAS

I have installed PLEX and SERVIIO on my SYNOLOGY and they work's and I can have and read all my music and movies from the SYNOLOGY trough PLEX and or SERVIIO solution

So why should it be impossible with XBMC Huh

The only thing I would like is to install XBMC as an UPnP / DNLA server on my SYNOLOGY

XBMC is a complex and advanced media player software, it happens to have a a upnp server.

Like that thread I posted says, if you need a upnp server install one of the many alternatives that would work on your device.

IIRC its not possible.

uNi

ok thank's for your answer

but the only UPnP server who work's fine with my SONOS audio device is XBMC ..... that is the reason why I wanted to install XBMC on my SYNOLOGY ...

I do not understand the difference between XBMC solution which cannot be installed on my SYNOLOGY and for example PLEX or SERVIIO wich are similar products and which can be installed on linux nas

would it be possible to install only the UPnP server of XBMC on my nas ? that would be FANTASTIC for me and for the thousands of SONOS consumers which are limited with the limitations of files of SONOS....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC installation package for SYNOLOGY ?0