Solved Hell yeah - XBMC & Bluray
why not ask this in the OE forum? But in general, if you provide the according file and the Bluray is encrypted with AACS you should be able to watch the movie. If you get menus or not depends on if the BD uses HDMV menus or BD-J (not supported yet).
with Frodo (AACS) BDs are now played back by simply starting the disc, means with internal PlayDVD function ! Great, no more fiddling around with custom home menu entries to index.bdmv to start playback !

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
The nightlies for Gotham v13 should also contain support for BD-J now, although I think it's primarily Linux platforms working at the moment as the standard libbluray shipped with XBMC needs to be changed. The BD-J support in libluray is a work in progress as well so may not be 100% reliable.
Playback of BD .iso's however is broken in XBMC:

- BD stored as BDMV folder structure -> Movie plays back fine.
- BD stored as .iso and mounted in a 3rd party application like daemon tools -> Movie plays back fine.
- BD stored as .iso and played from XBMC library -> The movie will loop back at certain points in the movie.

The bug seems to effect all discs, making .iso support pretty much unusable at the moment.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13888
Where should I put the files (libaacs.dll and the KEYDB.cfg) to work with XBMC? I use windows 8 as OS. I have already tried to put them in the same directory as the libbluray.dll, but that doesn't work.
I'm not sure if I should have made a separate thread for what I want to bring up, since it's related to BDMV playback but.....

None of the BDMV folders I have identify the languages for either audio or subtitles. If I try playing said BDMV folders in MPC-HC, or PotPlayer, for example, they show up. They also don't show up in VLC.
@rd1979: I am having the same problem. I have no idea if there are differences between Blurays since I can remember it was working some time ago. Might be broken by a new feature or....

(I am using the latest XBMC git and 0.2.3 libbluray)
I'll bug our devs about it - noticed the same issue on native bluray playback
Ah great, I hope it will be fixed soon Smile
(2013-04-19, 18:53)da-anda Wrote: I'll bug our devs about it - noticed the same issue on native bluray playback

Thank you, I should have said something about this a long time ago. It's just that its only now that I noticed other (free) software was able to identify the tracks.
I already mentioned it to devs some time ago, but the fix is not that easy. IIRC blurays use a region code format that's not yet known to XBMC and thus it can't show which language subtitles or audio tracks are. As said, will bug them (again) Smile
(2013-04-19, 20:38)da-anda Wrote: I already mentioned it to devs some time ago, but the fix is not that easy. IIRC blurays use a region code format that's not yet known to XBMC and thus it can't show which language subtitles or audio tracks are. As said, will bug them (again) Smile

As I said, both MPC-HC and PotPlayer (running LAV Filters I should add) identify the tracks. So someone has figured it out. Dunno if that means anything.
Can you maybe provide here the link to the issue?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.........
What I am asking is, if you could mention the issue on trac. So I can see if there is progress instead of watching the forum.
If thing change in there I know if it is fixed or at least worked on.

http://trac.xbmc.org/report

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hell yeah - XBMC & Bluray1