Cant compile Frodo
I have been trying to get the Frodo freeze working on my XBMCbuntu build and I cant for the life of me get it to compile. Searched and searched and no luck...

ubiquity@Zeus:~/xbmc$ uname -a
Linux Zeus 3.0.0-27-generic #44-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 16 16:52:58 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

added the git repo, followed all the wikis, ran ./bootstrap, ./configure, make and make fails.

http://privatepaste.com/ffd3a31542
Try the link on my signature for compiling XBMC from git.

uNi
Followed your post and ran the script. There was no output which I thought was kinda weird after reading through it. Ran it again just in case and did another make and had the same errors...
ahh, I just saw that the script is using aptitude... going to install it and try again.
still nothing. I think the script is breaking when it tries to kill the xbmc process. Since im running xbmcbuntu, the service that is running is xbmc.bin, the script is trying to kill xbmc-live and xbmc. Maybe this is why the script is breaking?
nope

xbmc.bin is xbmc the script is compatible with various installs.

If you cant figure out the script which I use daily with 100% success you must be doing something that isn't right.

uNi
well, i went through it, and im running the lines for the upgrade portion of the script one at a time. right now, its compiling the files.

Not sure what I could be doing wrong, downloaded the script, chmod 755, sudo ./gcs.sh and it sits for a second and drops to a new line.

The /home/setup folder doest even get created, so that means its breaking before then... manually ran the stop xbmc and it it wasnt found. So I skipped those and started running the aptitude commands...

Ill post the results once it gets done compiling.
Just finished, and with the same result...

xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a(TagLibVFSStream.o): In function `TagLibVFSStream':
/home/setup/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.cpp:41: undefined reference to `TagLib::IOStream::IOStream()'
/home/setup/xbmc/xbmc/music/tags/TagLibVFSStream.cpp:41: undefined reference to `TagLib::IOStream::~IOStream()'
xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a(TagLibVFSStream.o)Sad.data.rel.ro._ZTIN10MUSIC_INFO15TagLibVFSStreamE[typeinfo for MUSIC_INFO::TagLibVFSStream]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for TagLib::IOStream'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
check section 3.1 in the readme:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...DME.ubuntu
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did all of those. did them again just in case. and my taglib is at version 1.8.0
there may be some answers in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1219674

most likely cause is you have multiple versions of taglib installed.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok, removed taglib-dev. will post results
sudo apt-get purge libtag1-dev
hey! worked like a charm. Thanks! Now I gotta figure out why the gui isnt loading on boot anymore...
Rename guisettings.xml.

uNi
Thanks, but no dice. I renamed the guisettings.xml and tried to login using the xbmc profile and the screen goes black with some lines, then quickly goes away and puts me back to the login prompt. I rebooted with the same result.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant compile Frodo0