[Raspberry Pi] Food Network Plugin
Hi All,

Apparently food network plugin is broken, I think it should be marked as such so other users don't install and waste time browsing forums for solutions.

My question is, anyone know if someone is working on this? We get audio but video doesn't come up. Multiple people have confirmed this and I have confirmed it on 3 machines. Thanks in advance
Which shows/episodes?

I just tried playing two episodes each from "Next Iron Chef", "Holiday", "Giada at Home", "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives", and "Good Eats" and they all started playing without problems. Version 1.0.1 of Food Network add-on, Eden stable.
There is a Food Network channel in Free Cable. I don't know if it has all available shows/episodes, but what I've tried works.
Both are broken at least in the Pi version of XBMC (running Raspbmc), confirmed by more people on #raspberrypi on freenode
what codec is the video in?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
honest, no clue Undecided how do I find out?
(2012-12-12, 03:22)lrusak Wrote: what codec is the video in?

Just checked: vp6f

Does RPi place nice with this? I seem to recall an earlier thread where there was a similar report of the HGTV add-on, which uses the same codec, not working on the Pi.
ah that sucks, I just bought the mpeg2 thinking maybe that would work Wink oh well $3 towards a good foundation. Maybe I can put in a request for vp6f codec and they'll make it....never know
I don't own a RPi, so i don't know whether or not that codec is supported. I was just throwing that question out there in case someone knows for a fact if that could be the cause... or if there may be some other issue that's causing both the Food Network and HGTV add-ons not to work on the Pi.
Broken for me too.. anyone know how to debug this issue?
(2012-12-19, 02:07)zivagolee Wrote: Broken for me too.. anyone know how to debug this issue?

RPi too?
Yep, RPi
OK, this is an RPi only issue, so I've modified the title of this thread to include "Raspberry Pi" (seems apropos for "Food Network Plugin" Smile ).
On second thought, I'm moving this to the Raspberry Pi Support forum where the audience may be more savvy about what video codecs are supported (or will be supported) on this device.
I thought hardware unsupported video codecs would just be software decoded... I guess not..?
(2012-12-19, 23:51)zivagolee Wrote: I thought hardware unsupported video codecs would just be software decoded... I guess not..?

Your uess is correct. You can only play what is supported by the hw codec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Raspberry Pi] Food Network Plugin0