• 21(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
Memphiz,

Thanks for at east being honest. Going back to my previous comment, would it be too much to ask the devs to create a version of Frodo with the audio engine from v11? That would possibly solve all problems, and give those of us who are experiencing the problem a chance to stay current and keep the current functionality of v12, not being left behind.

I know this would create higher workload for you guys, so I fully understand if it's just not a possibility.

Cheers!
(2013-06-28, 17:47)The_Broon Wrote: Memphiz,

Thanks for at east being honest. Going back to my previous comment, would it be too much to ask the devs to create a version of Frodo with the audio engine from v11? That would possibly solve all problems, and give those of us who are experiencing the problem a chance to stay current and keep the current functionality of v12, not being left behind.

I know this would create higher workload for you guys, so I fully understand if it's just not a possibility.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. The question was asked before, and if it was practical to do then it would be done in a heart beat, but it's probably a bigger job to do that than it would be to fix the issues in v12's audio parts.
Fully understood, and thanks for the prompt reply. All the best for future updates, and thanks for a great *free* software! It's always baffled me how many people can aggressively (almost violently at time) complain about software that they don't pay for! I appreciate your work, and hope in the future that these issues can eventually be worked out.

Thanks again!
Same issue before and after Lion 10.8.4 XBMC v12.2 Picture and audio stutter with no way to continue without stopping and choosing another source to pick up where left off.

Error occurs at 00:21

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.32f8
(2013-06-22, 06:04)go_get Wrote:
(2013-06-21, 20:57)Vatoe Wrote: What happens if you play a mp3 file? Do you get two channel stereo or just sound from one speaker using this setup? I think I tried this setup in the past and got the mp3 problem.

With my setup through HDMI to the Bose system I get 2.1 stereo on mp3, I mostly use XBMC for movies rather than music so I haven't tested extensively.

Did you have all the pass throughs enabled when you had the 8 channel 16 bit integer setup?

I initially didn't enable LPCM and only got 2.1 Stereo on movie files even if they were DTS 5.1 AAC or AC3. To be honest I think the thing that is making the difference is not having any other media player or media capable software running with XBMC. The reason for this suspicion is that previously i have left XBMC running in the background while surfing the net ended up playing a video on youtube and when I go back to XBMC sound outputs through the internal speaker in my i7 mini not the Bose system through the HDMI cable. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I read a post on the mac forum for 5.1 stereo issues through iTunes (yes I occasionally pay for movies :-))

hope this answers your question. Someone else will have to explain if not having media capable software running simultaneously should make a difference

I think I tried your method in the past and got only left channel audio for mp3 music and/or video files. My work around as I have stated ages ago in this thread, is simply have two channel audio in the midi setup of OSX (which is like a pass through i guess) and select optical in the Audio menu, whilst maintaining a physical HDMI connection. With this method I do not get the 'stutter'.
HI,

I too have experienced this problem, i don't think its a hardware or osx issue. My set up is a bit different to everyone who has posted on this issue so far.
So i thought it might be helpful to throw in my two cents worth ...

I have a CustoMAC other wise know as a Hackingtosh to the uniformed, based on a Gigabyte H77N motherboard which is one of the very few that offers
(almost) perfect HDMI video and audio osx integration. i built this system to replace an old Apple MiniMAC running 10.7.5 because i was having all sorts
of issues with muti-channel sound in XBMC, if your interested in it see here

Anyway after replacing the old with the new i am now running OSX 10.8.4 the very latest version of OSX
its got an i3-3225 CPU using intel HD4000 GPU
the only connection to my amp is via HDMI to a Denon AV Amp

I have set OSX default sound output to HDMI in System Preferences/Sound/Output

In XBMC i have set all audio outputs to default sound device

Speakers should be set to 2.0, this was something i found out when researching my previous thread, its to do with the bit stream which is basically a dual channel PCM stream, the multi channel info is inside this dual channel stream so it needs to be passed untouched for your amp to decode it correctly. read my other thread for a bit more info of how i came to use 2.0 and not 5.1 even though my setup is a 5.1 system

all hdmi passthroughs DD/DTS/LPCM should be enabled

with these settings i get perfect video and audio playback, no stuttering, perfect sound after a pause, forwards, backwards, chapter ..etc all perfect.

If i set speakers to 5.1 same thing happens to me as everyone else here, playback starts to stutter after about 45 mins, it did it with all types of video - mkv/avi and all types of codec DD/DTS/AAC

For sure the Apple audio API is a mine field as they do things differently to everyone else but thats apples way.

The main issue is the speaker setting, anything other than 2.0 seems to be an issue,

Its also possible that by setting XBMC's' audio outputs to default, and having the osx system default setting set to HDMI may solve the issues when resuming playback from paused.

It works for me, and its been a struggle to get here after the problems of my last MAC but right now everything works perfect with this setup
Good luck to you all and a big thanks to the dev's without whom we wouldn't be here Big Grin

I'm currently running the stable frodo 12.2 release, i tried the nightly's and they all did the same thing at least up to last week they did.

Cheers
Jay
@Jaymonkey; what is your MIDI settings like in OSX? I have the exact same settings as you, I have great sound (MP3 is stereo, films are DTS, AC3, or MP3), but I still have stuttering at around 1 hr of playing a movieHuh
I have a 2011 Mac mini server, and I have no problems with playing movies. However, I do experience this problem when watching streaming video (ie YouTube) and after 50-55 minutes sound disappears and video stutters to about 1fps. Only fix is to create a bookmark, stop the video and restart it and continue from the bookmark. After the next 50-55 minutes, it will do it again.
Just adding in my 2 bits.
I'm having the same issue, ~45 minutes and slow video with no audio.
Logs show:
23:56:32 T:4622049280 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
23:56:33 T:4622049280 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:56:33 T:4622049280 ERROR: AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
23:56:34 T:4622049280 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer

Mac is a 2.3Ghz i5 with 10.8.4 OS.
Happens with streamed video and local media.
And for those suggesting abandoning xbmc and heading to Plex, it does it there too.
the 2.0 tip seems to work for me but sounds like crap i am running osx have 4gb ram dvi/hdmi to a bose 5.1 also get the freezing/glitching at around 50mins have to shut down xbmc then restart doesnt matter which add-on i am using seems to do it with all of them any help or links would be great
@skywise_ca

I want a compete log from you running this testversion here after the issue happened again. I have added more printouts to it for getting an idea what is going wrong:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037...gging2.dmg

(anyone else who is able to reproduce that issue is welcome to use that version and generate a clean log file too of course)

post it to pastebin.com and put the link in here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz!

Tried your special version for a test run, but this build crashed immediately.

http://pastebin.com/ELXtSmtN
hi, same problem here. In my case after around 46 minutes play on a external monitor with minidisplayport to hdmi adapter, and headphones out of my mac as audio source.

Macbook
core 2 duo 2,4 ghz
8 gb ram
nvidia 320m
(2013-08-24, 17:44)JensGH Wrote: Hi Memphiz!

Tried your special version for a test run, but this build crashed immediately.

http://pastebin.com/ELXtSmtN

Mhhh sry - something strange happend with that build then. Will have to do a new one *sigh*.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok - another try with the logging version:

I want a compete log from you running this testversion here after the issue happened again. I have added more printouts to it for getting an idea what is going wrong:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3037...gging2.dmg

post it to pastebin.com and put the link in here.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2