• 5(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
Agreed solved with setting audio to 2.0....
I mistakenly tried with 2.1 instead of 2.0 and it seemed better (two times I could watch something through the 1 hour 2 minutes mark), althouwgh I still experienced one slowdown.

I will try with 2.0 also, and hope the devs can track this bug down so we can enable 5.1 again Smile
5.1 should still work when passthrough is enabled.
(2013-01-14, 12:17)Ned Scott Wrote: 5.1 should still work when passthrough is enabled.

Do you mean that even though the setting is 2.0 / 2.1 - DTS/DD movies will still play back as 5.1 when DD/DTS Capable is selected in settings?
yes
Update...I no longer get the stuttering but I lose audio output when resuming from standby.
And you changed what? (please try to pinpoint which version changed things for you and if the standby issue was there before or is new).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here is my setup:

1: bd folder format ( anydvdhd and clownbd)
2. New macmini (2012 base model fully updated)
3. Macmini via HDMI to a Denon receiver
4. Denon receiver va HDMI to TV

I was having the stuttering issue as described in this thread. When I had the speaker selection set to 5.1 I had the stuttering....my log file was posted in this thread. Now when I have the speakers set for 2.0 the stuttering does not occur, but after I resume from standby the volume on any source is very very low. To fix I have to exit xbmc and restart at which point everything is normal.

I'm not 100% sure if this issue was there before....I think it was.... which is why I ended up switching to 5.1 then realized the stuttering issue. I'm not sure at what point this issue happened ie version.

BTW for I only have Dolby digital (ac3) capable receiver selected. The rest are left unselected.

So far it seems that setting audio output to 2.0 (or 2.1?) fixes the problem.

Hope it'll help the devs narrow it down.
Hey, I just wanted to chime in here, I'm running on OSX 10.8.2 out over HDMI to a receiver, and I can't just do the 2.0 setting like everyone else.

I have a lot of personal HDDVD and Blu rips with the full with HD audio (EAC3, TrueHD, etc...) tracks left intact, but OSX cannot properly output these formats (the receiver only gets the front 2 channels, no dialog), so i have to disable AC3 bitstreaming and enable multi-channel LPCM, so I still get full sound from these HDDVD and Bluray rips. Since I'm not bitstreaming AC3 now, having to set 2.0 channel output for analog audio is basically a non-starter for me (since all AC3 audio will just end up stereo).
(2013-01-17, 07:27)dfish3d Wrote: Hey, I just wanted to chime in here, I'm running on OSX 10.8.2 out over HDMI to a receiver, and I can't just do the 2.0 setting like everyone else.

I have a lot of personal HDDVD and Blu rips with the full with HD audio (EAC3, TrueHD, etc...) tracks left intact, but OSX cannot properly output these formats (the receiver only gets the front 2 channels, no dialog), so i have to disable AC3 bitstreaming and enable multi-channel LPCM, so I still get full sound from these HDDVD and Bluray rips. Since I'm not bitstreaming AC3 now, having to set 2.0 channel output for analog audio is basically a non-starter for me (since all AC3 audio will just end up stereo).

Actually, I've got the same setup. My Pioneer receiver is reporting a 7.1 feed from my mac mini over HDMI. I just brought up an mkv file with AC3 5.1 and played it (my setup is actually 5.0). I have Analog, 2.0 and HDMI selected in audio settings of Frodo RC3. I verified I'm receiving a 5.0 experience from my speakers, so it really is playing like a pass-through.

AC3 will bitstream 5.1 just fine with speakers set to 2.0 and AC3 turned on, but that's not the problem. leaving AC3 turned on and playing an EAC3 file (Dolby Digital Plus) does NOT bitstream properly in OSX and you just get noise out of the speakers. To actually get proper audio out of these files you have to disable AC3 output, and enable LPCM output, which means you are no longer bitstreaming normal AC3.
Whoa... this just happened to me with my speaker output set to 2.0. ugh Sad
In my previous post I thought turning off the hardware acceleration had fixed the issue for me but have since had the slowdown happen on a few files.

My setup has the audio output via HDMI, the speaker configuration set to 5.1 and AC3/DTS passthrough enabled. I tried setting the speaker configuration to 2.0 but still experienced the slowdown problem (at around 46 minutes and again at 1h33m when I resumed the file).
Same here. RC3 and stutter after 1 hour and some minutes. Setting audio to 2.0 does not help!
Mac mini mid 2010
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2