• 8(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
I tried to set
Audio Output -> Analog
Speaker Configuration -> 2.0
Boost level on downmix -> On
rest of checkboxes are 'Off'

Audio Output Device -> HDMI

With this configuration problem goes away.
I'm going to add a "Me Too" to this thread.

I have a similar issue, after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds with some movies, first the sound is lost then after a second or two playback lags severely. similar meaning that audio may be lost followed by video lag may occur at other times. Temporarily the issue can be resolved by stopping playback, then selecting the same movie and resume from last viewed.

Looks like a audio issue.

Same Audio settings as antst above, except for

Speaker Configuration -> 5.1

When set to

Speaker Configuration -> 2.0

the anomaly is no longer an issue. The receiver still gets 6 channel audio via the HDMI out stream
Sorry, I missed this thread and started a new one:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1316392
Please ignore it, I'm here now.

Clearly, this is a common prob. I'm using HDMI 5.1 also. I'll gather some logs and post them and keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks to the devs for the ongoing great work.
Well I can confirm that this still happens on Frodo 12 final release.
These settings (As per antst's post above) resolve my issue, but I believe the Speaker Configuration = 2.0 is the key. As the Wiki states, incorrectly setting Audio controls can have adverse effects on Video.

My Audio settings

Audio Output = Analog
Speaker Configuration = 2.0
Audio Output Device = HDMI

Remaining check boxes = OFF
Adjust volume boost as needed in audio controls during movie playback and set for all video

AIUI now and please correct me if I'm wrong. Speaker Configuration means to split the channels to a local Audio card via supported channels, which is not possible on a Mac Mini (most Mac's for that matter), so should never be set to 5.1 etc etc. Then 2.0 seems the most appropriate which allows all channels present in the stream source (6 channels in my case) to be routed directly to receiver for decode.

Could someone test the nightly release "xbmc-20130123-8a07a07-master-x86_64.dmg"? I think the freezing problem is gone. I watched some series and films, without having any issues. Didn't test with DTS audio, but aac 5.1 and dd 5.1. DD 5.1 ist starting immediately with this version also with refresh rate on, works very good for me.

I have mac mini 2.6 ghz (bto), 16gb ram (hynix original). mac osx 10.8.2. mac mini connected to onkyo tx-nr 609 through HDMI 1.4a.

if there is someone, also not having this issues, maybe we can see, what's the difference, or what is the thing it was changed to get this to work.
2. Could someone, who has a mac mini connected to avr (LPCM capable avr) through hdmi, turn on, in audio settings the "LPCM capable receiver, play a song till end, and tell me if next song is starting automatically? for me the next song is not playing automatically. i think this is the same issue as for movies, movie freezes on 62 min, and the music before the song is finished. (but only if LPCM is on). the problem is very similar.
Its a different issue and its a known issue and i have written at least 2 times about it somewhere here (and even in the ios forum). Music + passthrough(e.x. lpcm) + osx - is a nogo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz

thank you for the answer.

1. I turn on lpcm

2. in advancedsettings.xml i put this, and this settings work if lpcm is on.

<resample>0</resample>
<audiophile>1</audiophile>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>

3. i'm getting on onkyo music as is. 24/96, 24/88.2, 16/44.1, 16/48, i can see it on my onkyo, and hear the difference of non-resampled audio. i don't really know if this is the same as on windows - bit-perfect, but in this way, music is not resampled and i get music as is, and it sounds amazing. And i can not turn volume down or up in xbmc or osx, so it looks like passthrough for me. With this settings, the audio engine also changes allone the sample rate in midi settings of osx. if i exit xbmc, i have the dafault sample rate again. For me it looks like 99% is working amazing. 1% make problem.

4. movies are working also amazing with lpcm on, the movie audio is better with lpcm on, for aac 5.1.

5. it doesn't matter which preferences are set in audiosettings. the onkyo shows as input 7.1, but the audio comes in stereo out from the speakers. if i'm playing a movie with aac 5.1 i'm getting passthrough 5.1 channels. DD also works with lpcm on. but the freezes issue, was on lpcm on or off, doesn't matter.

the only, and only problem is, that the next song is not playing automatically, because 2 sec. before the song finishes it freezes (silent). so i should manually play next or other song. but then it works again, and the start of the song is cutted 2 seconds, but this is due to avr to recognize the signal and sample rate. but a similar problem, i can remempber was on eden with wasapi on windows, where the start of the song was cutted, because of recognizing the sample rate and signal.

Only if this problem with playing next song automaically (with lpcm on) could be solved, it would be great.
So thats, how it is for me now with my setteings.
Guys maybe i am wrong,but try to uninstall Plex or other program like this and stay only with xbmc.For me about one week an d more all is ok!
@dsim why the fuck are you highjacking this thread with a completly different problem - even after i told you that i have stated that it is a know issue which is NOT easily fixable (even if you don't believe me).

This was even a thread from you with the exactly same problem:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151576

I took the time to already tell you there that its a non-trivial problem (even if it sounds oh so easy). I even gave a workaround for this in that thread (by routing all music to the dvdplayer via playercorefactory.xml).

Dude get your netiquette right and stay of this thread with your non related issues - its a mess already...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@dsim fyi i still get the 46 min freeze in xbmc-20130123-8a07a07-master-x86_64.dmg
@dfish3d, i tested again, and have the freezes at 62 min. I get the freezes only on 62 min with the lates nightly 20130129. Whats the difference between your and my setup, so you have freeze at 46 min.? I have i7 2.6 ghz (quad) and bought 16gb hynix original RAM.

@lesarros, have you maybe paused movies you watched before 62 min.? I have noticed, that if i pause movie for 2-3 min., i don't get the freezes, but i'm not sure 100%. I have clean install pure on my system mac mini 2012 and only xbmc app installed and the unarchiver app, and i have enough memory.

@Memphiz, thank you! you are the hero!
@dsim after everthIng Memphiz has done for the osx community why push it. Saved alot of us with the sleep issues and fixed them with a whole new compile with allow suspend which works great.

I am experience a similar issue at the 46 mark and just noticed it as most shows don't run that long for me. Will try the audio changes suggested and see. Its a community like this that fixes problems with trial and error not bashing and negative.
So guys as of still having no clue how to track it down we start the brute force attack now:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/XBMC-r...66a8e9.dmg

test this build (with settings which revealed the issue the most for you) and report back please. If this isn't it we have 6 other test builds to go (long way ...).
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2