XBMC on a Qnap TS-x69 QPKG
Hi,

I've bumped into this web page about Qnap having a QPKG package to run an XBMC servrer directly on the QNAP. It seems to be avalaible only for TS-x69 models, but that would be interesting to store and stream from the same device. Just wanted to share it with the XBMC community.

http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en&sn=859
nice information
I have recently purchased the Qnap 869 pro with 3GB ram upgrade and this XBMC version seems to be specific for the Qnap as it has opens i had not seen on the Windows version of XBMC like VFD/LCD display on (i have not seen this working yet) even though i have the option enabled but then again my NAS is in a enclosed cabinet (well ventilated)

at the moment its got issues with HDMI audio but Qnap our working on a XMBC Frodo version with HD audio which i cant wait for and i have tested movies including full blurays and works perfect minus the audio (only analogue audio works)

The HD station service is always ON like most NAS drives, but can be disabled if wanted, all you do is go into the correct HDMI input then this presents you with a menu You Tube / Chrome / XBMC / Nas Administration now you can disable any you don't want and also have auto start on items like XBMC so it all ways on or when you reboot the drive.

you can control it using

Qnap remote control
MCE remote control
Qremote (Apple they are working on Android version) -> I use this on a IPAD and it great.
wireless Keyboard and mouse - limited on the numbers that work
Bluetooth Keyboard - again as above.

I have also installed the Aeon Nox theme which works perfect too and because I have all my media is on the NAS already, when you go to video and files it already has the default Multimedia folder on their and USB so no need to map anything.

overall once they have released Frodo and Qremote for Android i will be well happy with this - boots fast.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on a Qnap TS-x69 QPKG0