Crash on Exit
I'm curious, am I the only one who has the issue where xbmc crash 90% of the time when exiting?

I've had this issue with each build I've tried on clean installs. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, wait a few minutes and then exit XBMC. After it crashes, locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and examine it to see what may have caused it to crash. If you wish others to review your log as well, upload its contents to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL link for your uploaded log here with your reply.
Thanks artafeal, I'll take a look.

I've finally got my xbmc running well only a few issues here and there.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've uploaded the log to be examined.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look.

Thanks to artrafael for his assistance.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21409

After looking at the log myself it appears the Allinone addon was causing the issue, after uninstalling it, exiting xbmc takes about 8 to 10 seconds.

If anyone could take a look to see if there may be other issues I'd appreciate it.

I'm also having crashes on exiting XBMC. It started somewhere around the release of Beta 2 I believe and it's still happening with the latest nightly build.

XBMC log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21521

Windows Event Viewer:
Quote:Faulting application name: xbmc.exe, version: 11.9.1.0, time stamp: 0x50cc4631
Faulting module name: python26.dll, version: 2.6.6150.1013, time stamp: 0x4c73f79a
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000559ea
Faulting process id: 0x598
Faulting application start time: 0x01cddb0ef6473f7e
Faulting application path: D:\Static\_HTPC\XBMC_SVN\xbmc.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Static\_HTPC\XBMC_SVN\python26.dll
Report Id: 4e2f52dc-4702-11e2-9874-90e6ba2ed805

It only seems to crash if I have played a video before shutting down XBMC. If I only launch XBMC and exit it right away, or only play music, it shuts down fine.
I added several stability fixes which may address this. Can you try it again with the current master? If you're going to wait for a nightly build please make sure that this commit is in the build:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3ea4...cc081abc4f

If it still fails, it would really help to get a backtrace if possible. You'll need to run it in the VS debugger to do that.

Thanks
Jim
Still crash on exit with the Dec 17th nightly, haven't tried with todays build yet. I would need explicit instructions to be able to provide you with a backtrace, including where to get said debugger.
If XBMC crashes there should be a crash/mini dump (*.dmp) in XBMC's userdata folder (same folder where xbmc.log is located). That's the win32 equivalent of a linux backtrace.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
For some reason it doesn't generate a .dmp file during these crashes.

And to save some time; Yes, I'm looking in the right directory, XBMC\portable_data in my case since I'm using portable mode and can see the logs being created and some old crash dumps.
I've been having this issue since beta 2 as well. I'll post a log if I get a chance.
dpar, do you have the "allinone" addon installed?

If so try removing it and test xbmc exit a few times. That was my issue and after removing it, xbmc exits within 8 seconds. No more freezing.

I don't have "allinone", never even heard of that addon, so that's not the issue for me.
*bump*

(2012-12-17, 03:21)jfcarroll Wrote: If it still fails, it would really help to get a backtrace if possible. You'll need to run it in the VS debugger to do that.

I would need detailed instructions to be able to provide a backtrace.

(2012-12-19, 00:07)Montellese Wrote: If XBMC crashes there should be a crash/mini dump (*.dmp) in XBMC's userdata folder (same folder where xbmc.log is located). That's the win32 equivalent of a linux backtrace.

No crash dump is being generated during these crashes.

Same issue here. Sometimes xbmc is freezes on exit. The last log entry is "stop python".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on Exit0